Monday, November 7, 2011

A Brief Word On The Penn State Scandal

If you want to read the most horrifying thing you could ever hope to read, read the Penn State Grand Jury Report.  If you can make it past Victim 1 and Victim 2, you have a stronger stomach than I.  Actually, I could not even make it past Victim 1, I just willed myself through it to read the necessary details of Victim 2, which is what the big controversy is about.

Based off what has been alleged, we can safely say three people broke Pennsylvania law:  Jerry Sandusky, Tim Curley, and Gary Schultz.  Everyone else that we know of followed Pennsylvania Law in this matter.

Now whether or not certain people not in violation of any law should have damned the law and done more to protect young kids from a monster who had way too much access is a moral argument I will not get into. I'm not saying said persons should have done more, I am not saying said persons should not have done more, just I am not going to make an argument around it.  And honestly, I'm not even sure I know where I stand on it.  All I know is people are making the story about said persons, and not about Sandusky, the eight victims, and Curley and Schultz, both of whom knowingly skirted the law and did not do as they should have.  And that really should not be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.