Thursday, January 27, 2011

All-Star Weekend Schedule

I guess I should have tried to put this up earlier in the week, but I found myself busy with school and other blogging matters. I remember as a young teenager growing up when ABC would have the NHL All-Star game and the Pro Bowl on the exact same day. Those were good times, indeed. And now, it is happening once again, only the NHL All-Star Game is on Versus and the Pro Bowl is on Fox. And yes, I will have a live blog up this weekend for both all star games (though not the NHL fantasy draft and skills competition). Now without further ado, here is your schedule for All-Star weekend! (all times ET)

Friday, January 28

NHL All-Star Player Fantasy Draft 8:00 (Versus) (TSN)

Saturday, January 29

NHL SuperSkills Competition: Team Lidstrom vs. Team Staal 7:00 (Versus - Mike Emrick and Eddie Olczyk, SR: Charissa Thompson and Bob Harwood) (CBC - Jim Hughson, Craig Simpson, and Glenn Healy, SR: Elliotte Friedman and Bob Harwood)

Sunday, January 30

58th annual NHL All Star Game: Team Lidstrom vs. Team Staal 4:00 (Versus - Mike Emrick and Eddie Olczyk, SR: Charissa Thompson and Bob Harwood) (CBC - Jim Hughson, Craig Simpson, and Glenn Healy, SR: Elliotte Friedman and Scott Oake)
2011 Pro Bowl: AFC vs. NFC 7:00 (Fox - Thom Brennaman, Brian Billick, and Terry Bradshaw, SR: Tony Siragusa and Jay Glazer)

I was late in getting this up, and even though I tried to search for it, I have been unable to dig deep enough in the archives of certain reliable blogs to find press releases where it is announced exactly what personnel CBC will be using this weekend. I am assuming that Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson will be the ones in the booth, but if anyone can confirm this and point me towards a link as well as list any and all "sideline reporters", I will greatly appreciate.

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be Hughston, Simpson and Glenn Healy. Elliotte Friedman and Scott Oake are the rinkside reporters.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.