Saturday, December 6, 2008

Eagles Week 14 Preview

What: Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants
When: 12/7/08 at 1:00
Where: Giants Stadium
Channel: Fox
Announcers: Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, and Tony Siragusa (a.k.a. Kenny, Moose, n' Goose)
Talking Points of the Game: The crowd is really loud down here, guys (Sometimes I think that's the only thing Goose is capable of saying all game. I'd start a Siragusa "crowd is really loud down here" drinking game, but I'm doing a live blog and I don't want to be completely shitfaced by the end of the opening drive...)

The last time the Eagles lost the Giants, our Eagles lost a close one to the Gmen, 36-31 in a game that the Eagles inability to convert a 3rd and 1 killed them once again. And that one was at home. Things will be a lot harder in New York. I'm sure we all remember the last time the Ealges traveled to the Meadowlands, Donny Mac was sacked 12 times. Things will most likely be different this time around. Mainly because there's no way any team is capable of repeating that feat in such a short time and also because Osi Umenyiora is out for the season.

The Giants run offense is so so good and while the Eagles step up in the run game against weak teams, sadly, we let good running teams like the Giants take us to town time and time again. It will be a challenge but if the Eagles can get a few stops early, that could make a big difference and give our defense the confidence they need, especially if the offense that showed up against the Bengals and the Ravens decide to show up. If the Eagles offense does show up, this can easily turn into a wild shoot-out.

One of two things will happen this game, either we will get a wild shoot out, or this game with a butt whooping with the Eagles supplying the butt. This game is too big for them to not show up, therefore, I think we're gonna be in for a good one. However, the Eagles have not won a game decided in the last 2 minutes this year and I'm not sure we'll be able to win our first one against a team on paper that is better than us. And yes, I see this going down to the last 2 minutes.

Prediction: Giants 38, Eagles 35

As mentioned I will be live blogging this game. 75% of this country is getting this game on Fox and with very little mouth-watering action on CBS this week, this could end up being a pretty big live blog and more importantly, a chance for the Eagles to show the country what potential they have. Tragically, this will be my last Eagles live blog of the season. I will, however, continue to post previews and recaps and news during my off-season (a.k.a. winter break) and I will also be live blogging MNF this week in replace of Awful Announcing. Sorry guys for my future lack of Eagles, but winter break is my time to watch the Eagles with my family.

Enjoy the game on Sunday and hopefully you'll join me in the live blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.