Monday, October 25, 2010

Eagles Week 7 Recap: I Cut Kenny

From my fantasy team.

It's late, during FNIA when I normally write these recaps, I was writing about baseball instead, so sorry for the shortness of this recap. Onto the bullets.
  • Last week I praised Kevin Kolb's development, this week, we were reminded why Kevin Kolb should be getting playing time.  Today's game was probably the worst start of his career.  If you don't want to see the Eagles do well next season, you will want to see Andy Reid give Kevin Kolb more starts this season.
  • Andy Reid has already named Michael Vick the starter for 2 weeks from now.  I guess he is going on a "win now" merit based system.  Bleh.
  • I can't sit here and tell you that in the playing time, Kevin Kolb has drastically out-performed Vick, he has not, but you want a guy who you are planning on playing QB next season to be getting some regular season reps this season.  Of course, for all I know, the Eagles Front Office are targeting Vick as that man.
  • I want to go to the brothel with Riley Cooper.
  • David Akers redeemed himself rather nicely.  He was 4/4 on FGs.
  • The Eagles secondary was absolutely, positively, 100%, without a shadow of a doubt, completely and utterly horrendous.  The only one whose game was worth a damn in that secondary was Quintin Mikell.  Everyone else, including my beloved Nate Allen, was past useless and into the category of harmful.  How on earth is Kenny Britt so open so many times?  It was ridiculous the pitch and catch that Kerry Collins was able to play with him.  I could have been QB and Britt would have ended the game with the exact same numbers.
  • The shame of the secondary's letdown, the Eagles' front 7 had a good game.  Chris Johnson was held to 66 yards.  I will take that any day of the week.
  • The Tennessee Titans might not be the team everyone talks about, but this is going to be a team  that will be in the playoff race at the end of the season.  Consider them the Jags of a few years ago, when the Jags were good and underrated.
  • Can I confess that I have replayed Chooch's 8th inning line drive double play in my mind over and over and over again today?  Luck is a bitch, I tell you.
  • I am glad I can look back at the 2008 World Series to hold me and keep me comfy.
  • Hockey season has just slapped me right across the face.
  • Eagles-Titans win probability chart. (advancednflstats.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.