Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I'm Thankful For In Sports

With Thanksgiving around the corner, what better time to write a post on what one is thankful for in sports, no? To say the least, I am thankful for a lot of things.

I am thankful for being alive during the Phillies' Golden Age. To see the losingest franchise in professional sports finally dominate on the national stage is exciting, thrilling, and an experience I will never forget.

I am thankful for Ryan and Jimmy and Chase and Carlos and Cole and Roy and Roy.

I am thankful for Michael Vick and how he has made the Philadelphia Eagles one of the most exciting teams in football.

I am thankful for Andy Reid, that despite his shortcomings, is a coach who has fielded winning football teams for the past decade.

I am thankful for the Flyers, and the most incredible 2 months of hockey I have ever witnessed. They may not have won the Stanley Cup, but history was made.

I am thankful for Sergei Bobrovsky, the most promising young goaltender the Flyers have had in my lifetime.

I am thankful that Philadelphia once again has a professional soccer team.

I am thankful that the Philadelphia Soul will be returning next year.

I am thankful to have seen so many great sport moments in my life, including the 2008 World Series.

I am thankful for being able to enjoy said moments with my family and all of you, my wonderful online friends.

As if it was not obvious, no live blog tomorrow. Enjoy the day watching football with your families, and feel free to chime in the comments sections here what you are thankful for in sports, or in general. Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.