Thursday, August 5, 2010

Love Me When I'm Gone

I have already told some of you about this and if you have been reading my tweets either through following me on Twitter or glancing at my Twitter widget on the sidebar, then you know what this announcement is about.

I am leaving for London tomorrow night.

Now I know I just floored some of you with that shocking announcement. Take a moment, pick your jaws off the floor. Okay. Can I continue? Good.

This is not a permanent thing or something that will last a while. I am merely taking a 10 day vacation to the British Isles that will see me visiting London and Dartmouth in England, Waterford and Dublin in Ireland, and Edinburgh in Scotland. I am leaving tomorrow: Friday, August 6, 2010 and will return sometime in the afternoon on Monday, August 16, 2010. During that time period, I will not have access to a computer, though the cruise ship that I am on should have some sort of daily news reader so I won't be totally out of the loop on the big things, but regardless, I won't have any means of writing this blog or communicating through Twitter.

Fear not, though, my friends. 49er16 and kt1000 will be taking over in my absence and will be writing about anything they see fit. If they want to write about how they go to parties wearing nothing but a G-string, I am powerless to stop them. If they want to write some football previews or write stories on Brett Favre's next 3 retirements, I am powerless to stop them plus they won't lose all of the blog's readership like they would if they tried the first option listed.

Best of luck to them in their 10-day long endeavor. While it is highly unlikely I will put up a blog post tomorrow morning/afternoon (unless something major happens), you will still likely find me on Twitter until I leave in the evening (it is a very late flight). So peace be to you all and unless I encounter you through Twitter, I will talk to you after I stuffed myself with Fish and Chips, Bangers and Mashed, and more alcohol than I've drank in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.