Monday, August 9, 2010

Tim Tebow Officially Becomes Friar Tuck

As a kid I loved Robin Hood. I used to watch the animated movie "Robin Hood" all the time. If you remember any of the "Robin Hood" movies or folklore you will remember Friar Tuck. Friar Tuck is a man of the cloth who is one of Robin Hood's Merry Men. If you remember all of this, then you certainly will remember Friar Tuck's haircut. The good friar was bald on top with a rim of hair going around his head.

I bring this up because of what happened to Tim Tebow over the weekend. Tebow, who is wildly known as a religious man, was given a Friar Tuck haircut as a part of rookie hazing.


Tebow claims his teammates gave him a "Statue of Liberty" haircut. Whatever he wants to call it, I like it. I like it because it wasn't above him to be ridiculed with a haircut. His teammates wanted to haze him and he let them. Dez Bryant could take a lesson from Tebow.

(I'm Keith from Keith's Sports Journal. You can also follow me at KSJ49 on Twitter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.