Monday, August 16, 2010

News Happens Fast When You Return Home From London: Westrbook Signs With Niners


Having watched Brian Westbrook for the better part of the last decade and having seen what he has been through the past couple of years, I can honestly that this petrifies me. He suffered 2 concussions last year and his leg has to be hanging on by a thread. Couple that with the fact that due to age and the injuries and the fact that his production has gone way down and my opinion that he can't play in the NFL anymore, and I feel justified in my fear. I like Westbrook and while I wish him success, I really wish he would have stayed out of the NFL. It just worries me that if he gets injured in the wrong spot (his brain, leg, ankle, etc.) it could lead to something serious that affects him for the rest of his life.

2 comments:

  1. I tried saying this over at Niners Nation. They won't listen to me, hence the reason for my tweet bashing that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of Eagles fans feel this way about Westbrook as well. We love him, but worry that he can't play football anymore and is risking serious injury.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.