Monday, July 11, 2011

Cliff Lee Can Do It All

 On Saturday I was talking with a friend of mine watching the Braves-Phillies game on Fox. We both wondered if Cliff Lee would make the most sense for a pitcher to transition to an everyday player? Lee can obviously field, and he can also hit (His OBP is .233 which is almost as good as Michael Martinez!). Well our question was answered on Saturday when Lee drilled a home run off of Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson.



I guess that answers my question. My favorite part of that home run is Braves pitcher Jair Jurrjens screaming, "No! No! No! Are you kidding me?"

Poor Lee though. Tommy Hanson was just as good as him on Saturday and the game went to extra innings with both pitchers recording the no decision. The Phillies would lose in the 11th inning.

Follow me on Twitter and Read my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.