Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Red Pinstripes Will Make Ryan Howard Look Thinner

There are times when nostalgia is a good thing. Some times nostalgia is a bad thing. You need to move on. When it comes to uniforms though, nostalgia can be beautiful. There are some retro jersey's I wish teams would go back to. Example, the retro 1984 jerseys the Phillies will be wearing July 22nd.
I'm not the biggest fan of pinstripes, but the old Phillies red pinstripe jerseys with the all red hats with the P are beautiful. Why doesn't the Phillies the go back to this look? Why doesn't more major league teams go back to their retro look?

When the Giants moved to AT&T Park, they went back to their retro vanilla look over their former all white jerseys. The move was meet with praise for the Giants. I wish other teams like the Orioles, Brewers, and Braves would go back to their old jerseys. That is nostalgia I would support.

To go back to my original point, I wished the Phillies would ditch their current uniforms mash-up and go back to the jersey's of the Mike Schmidt era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.