Thursday, August 27, 2009

Michael Vick And Brian Westbrook To Play Tonight

If there was ever such a thing as a pre-season game being must see TV, the game tonight between the Eagles and the Falcons is certainly that. Not only do we have the return of Michael Vick to the football field, but Brian Westbrook seeing his first action as an Eagle since last season's NFC Championsihp game. Via CSN Philly

It’s Michael Vick Night at Lincoln Financial Field. It is also – and, really, more importantly – probably the only night Brian Westbrook will see any game action this preseason.

Vick and Westbrook are the two primary reasons to watch the Eagles-Jaguars game.

But there are others.

The Eagles’ starters are expected to play three quarters. Joe Mays has to prove he deserves to be the starting middle linebacker. First-round pick Jeremy Maclin has to hold on to the ball and second-round pick LeSean McCoy has to hit the hole.

Kevin Kolb will have the fourth quarter to show how much he’s progressed since last season. Kolb, because of a sprained knee, has yet to play this preseason.
I for one have never been as psyched for a random pre-season game as I am for this one. Heck, I'm just curious to see the reaction to Vick now that the dust has settled down a bit and Brett Favre has signed with the Vikings. I'd still expect missed, but maybe 60-40 in favor of Vick.

In all likelihood (and by that, I mean 95% chance) I will be live blogging the game tonight using CiL. In the interest of full disclosure, I had picked this game to live blog to try out CiL with football a month or so ago, before Vick was an Eagle and before I knew that Westbrook would be playing tonight (I knew about Vick tonight, but I just found about Westbrook today; damn I've been out of the loop these past couple days). It should be good times, and even though as far as I know, it's only a local broadcast, I will be inviting everyone anyway (and all are invited to participate). I might even find a Justin.tv or UStream stream of the game and embed it here so even if you're out of market, you can watch the game and comment anyway. Aspeaking of site announcements, you can expect to see the Atlanta Falcons preview in a couple hours. I'm gonna get out and exercise a bit as it is my kind of nice day outside, and then I'll be back with the Falcons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.