Thursday, September 9, 2010

Meet The "Calvin And Hobbs" Fantasy Football Team

The good news: My computer did not overheat causing my browser to crash during the fantasy draft! The bad news: I have come to the conclusion that I need a new computer, one with a faster processor, more than 2 GBs of memory, and one that is not 3 years old.

Even though people that did not join the league probably do not care about this, I am posting it anyway. Here is my 1st ever fantasy football team, Calvin And Hobbs! And for those wondering, yes, Jorrick Calvin did survive the final day of cuts. Jorrick Calvin and Ellis Hobbs are still Eagles, at least for now.

QB
Peyton Manning
Carson Palmer

RB
Chris Johnson
C.J. Spiller
Marion Barber

WR
DeSean Jackson
Mike Sims-Walker
Robert Meachem
Michael Crabtree

TE
Brent Celek
Heath Miller

K
Ryan Longwell
David Akers

TM
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints

If I can make it to the playoffs, I'll be thrilled beyond belief. Even though it is my first time playing, I decided to not go on the safe side with everything. Sure I got Peyton Manning, but I have a feeling Mike Sims-Walker and Michael Crabtree can be real fantasy sleepers. Also, I am taking a chance and hoping that C.J. Spiller lives up to the hype. Certainly some risky picks and if they pay off I hope I can get into the playoffs, if not, then I guess being the Detroit Lions of fantasy football is not the worst thing in the world, right? That distinction goes to having a fear that your computer is showing early signs of death.

Update: I dropped WR Robert Meachem and added WR Kenny Britt, although I put in a claim to another WR that I hope will soon replace Britt. My first fantasy rookie mistake: I cut Meachem thinking I could claim the WR I wanted right away. I did not realize I needed to wait. So I cut Meachem, made the claim, realized he won't be on my team for a week if I even get the claim, and filled out my roster by adding Britt, a WR I had my eye on but did not select.

2 comments:

  1. Not bad for a rook ;) IMO, your team will live and die by your 4 WRS. P.M and C.J will get you points no matter what, but you gotta hope your wideouts back them up.

    Im glad to see my rankings worked. I like everyone my team nabbed. Ray Rice, Shonn Greene, Fitz, Tony Romo, and Brandon Marshall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Meachem dropped a guaranteed TD pass. Looks like it works out in the long run.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.