Sunday, March 14, 2010

Your NCAA First Round Announcing Schedule (UPDATED WITH LINKS TO AVAILABLE MAPS)

(Editor's Note: The maps are being uploaded one at a time, so bare with me as we get them all linked here).

I will update this later with maps and such, but for now, here is your announcing schedule for the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Instead of being repetitive, you can see what announcers were put where by sifting through the schedule below. Trust me, it will make more sense when you see it. However, I will drop you one hint to where one certain announcer ended up before you start scrolling down. All I'll say is RE-MATCH CITY!!!

Now, onto the schedule. (all credit goes to HD Sports Guide; all times PM eastern; games I get are in bold)

Tuesday, March 16, Play-in Game in Dayton, OH
#16 Arkansas Pine Bluff vs. #16 Winthrop 7:30 (ESPN - Dave O'Brien and Steve Lavin)

Thursday, March 18, Window 1 (Click here for coverage map)
#10 Florida vs. #7 BYU 12:20 (Oklahoma City - Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner)
#11 Old Dominion vs. #6 Notre Dame 12:25 (New Orleans - Dick Enberg and Jay Bilas)
#15 Robert Morris vs. #2 Villanova 12:30 (Providence - Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery)

Thursday, March 18, Window 2 (Click here for coverage map)
#13 Murray State vs. #4 Vanderbilt 2:30 (San Jose - Spero Dedes and Bob Wenzel)
#15 North Texas vs. #2 Kansas State Approx. 2:50 (Oklahoma City - Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner)
#14 Sam Houston State vs. #3 Baylor Approx. 2:55 (New Orleans - Dick Enberg and Jay Bilas)
#10 Saint Mary's vs. #7 Richmond Approx. 3:00 (Providence - Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery)

Thursday, March 18, Happy Hour Game (Only available on CBS in local markets; all others can watch on CBS College Sports)
#12 UTEP vs. #5 Butler Approx. 5:00 (San Jose - Spero Dedes and Bob Wenzel)

Thursday, March 18, Window 3 (Click here for coverage map)
#9 Northern Iowa vs. #8 UNLV 7:10 (Oklahoma City - Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner)
#16 East Tennessee State vs. #1 Kentucky 7:15 (New Orleans - Dick Enberg and Jay Bilas)
#11 Washington vs. #6 Marquette Approx. 7:20 (San Jose - Spero Dedes and Bob Wenzel)
#14 Ohio vs. #3 Georgetown 7:25 (Providence - Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery)

Thursday, March 18, Window 4 (Click here for coverage map)
#16 Lehigh vs. #1 Kansas Approx. 9:40 (Oklahoma City - Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner)
#9 Wake Forest vs. #8 Texas Approx. 9:45 (New Orleans - Dick Enberg and Jay Bilas)
#14 Montana vs. #3 New Mexico Approx. 9:50 (San Jose - Spero Dedes and Bob Wenzel)
#11 San Diego State vs. #6 Tennessee Approx. 9:55 (Providence - Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery)

Friday, March 19, Window 1 (Click here for coverage map)
#15 Morgan State vs. #2 West Virginia 12:15 (Buffalo - Gus Johnson and Len Elmore)
#11 Minnesota vs. #6 Xavier 12:25 (Milwaukee - Ian Eagle and Jim Spanarkel)
#12 Cornell vs. #5 Temple 12:30 (Jacksonville - Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg)

Friday, March 19, Window 2 (Click here for coverage map)
#13 Siena vs. #4 Purdue 2:30 (Spokane - Tim Brando and Mike Gminski)
#10 Missouri vs. #7 Clemson Approx. 2:45 (Buffalo - Gus Johnson and Len Elmore)
#14 Oakland vs. #3 Pittsburgh Approx. 2:55 (Milwaukee - Ian Eagle and Jim Spanarkel)
#13 Wofford vs. #4 Wisconsin Approx. 3:00 (Jacksonville - Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg)

Friday, March 19, Happy Hour Game (Only available on CBS in local markets; all others can watch on CBS College Sports)
#12 Utah State vs. #5 Texas A&M Approx. 5:00 (Spokane - Tim Brando and Mike Gminski)

Friday, March 19, Window 3 (Click here for coverage map)
#9 Florida State vs. #8 Gonzaga 7:10 (Buffalo - Gus Johnson and Len Elmore)
#10 Georgia Tech vs. #7 Oklahoma State 7:15 (Milwaukee - Ian Eagle and Jim Spanarkel)
#12 New Mexico State vs. #5 Michigan State Approx. 7:20 (Spokane - Tim Brando and Mike Gminski)
#16 Arkansas Pine Bluff vs. #1 Duke 7:25 (Jacksonville - Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg)

Friday, March 19, Window 4 (Click here for coverage map)
#16 Vermont vs. #1 Syracuse Approx. 9:40 (Buffalo - Gus Johnson and Len Elmore)
#15 UC Santa Barbara vs. #2 Ohio State Approx. 9:45 (Milwaukee - Ian Eagle and Jim Spanarkel)
#13 Houston vs. #4 Maryland Approx. 9:50 (Spokane - Tim Brando and Mike Gminski)
#9 Louisville vs. #8 California Approx. 9:55 (Jacksonville - Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg)

For me, this is a double edged sword as the one time slot that I did not want Villanova (or Temple for that matter to get) was the Thursday noon slot and what do you know? Just my luck they got it. I guess I am going to be skipping that class. As far as my announcers go, I am glad that Nova once again has Lundquist and Raft and I guess with being in Jacksonville, who did not see Nantz and Kellogg doing the Temple-Cornell game. But it must be said, congratulations Buffalo! You are the winners of the Gus Johnson Sweepstakes! And I must also congratulate the fine folks of Spokane! You are the losers of the Tim Brando Sweepstakes!

Once maps are released and affiliates announce what game they are broadcasting, I will update this post by posting links to the maps and boldening the games that I will get.

16 comments:

  1. I would really like to know what I did to end up with Tim Brando doing the Maryland regional again. FML

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like I told you on Twitter, you are a Twerps fan. Your punishment is more Brando.

    /I'm only teasing you
    //Probably has to do more with CBS over looking the games on the West Coast.
    ///Your Terps were just unfortunate enough to get placed there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've chosen to look at it as at least Brando will be more entertaining than Spero Dedes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try looking more positively on things starting today.

    On Brando/Gminski doing the Terps 1st round game again this year, they know the players tendencies, coaches style, etc...since they do ACC games during the season. They also love college hoops which is what I want.

    I'm going to panic about how UMD matches up w/ their opponents.

    /Rescinds any previous gripes'd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enberg-Harlan-Dedes-Harlan Thursday, plus two scoops each of Eye-an & Brando Friday.

    Hatchi-matchi.

    /Jay Sherman'd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, I have Harlan-Bonner for the 1st game, Verne/Raft for the 2nd and 4th game and Dedes/Wenzel for the 3rd game. I can't really complain about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @RJBO: A double dose of Brando???? Yowzers. Aside from the Happy Hour game, I think I am going Brando free for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enberg-Verne-Verne-Enberg on Thursday.

    GuJo-GuJo-Nantz-Brando on Friday.

    Too bad I'm not going to get any sustained Harlan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lucked out pretty good w/ only 2 constant games.

    Thursday {Confirmed- WUSA website}:

    ODU/Notre Dame NEW ORLEANS
    (Enberg/Bilas)(Flex)

    St. Mary's/Richmond PROVIDENCE(Lundquist/Raftery) (Flex)

    G'Town/Ohio PROVIDENCE
    (Lundquist/Raftery) (Constant)

    Wake/Texas NEW ORLEANS
    (Enberg/Bilas) (Flex)

    Friday {Guesses except MD game}:

    Morgan St./WVU BUFFALO
    (Johnson/Elmore) (Likely)

    Mizzou/Clemson BUFFALO
    (Johnson/Elmore) (...or Pitt)

    Duke/PIG winner JACKSONVILLE
    (Nantz/Kellogg) (Likely flexed out)

    HOU/MD SPOKANE
    (Brando/Gminski) (Constant)

    I hope WUSA shows a confirmed Friday schedule by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's funny about this, my local station CBS 13 doesn't have on their program guide which games they are showing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Save for Siena/Purdue it looks like I'm Brando free!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have any information for the Friday games yet.

    My Thursday feeds are constant for Nova-Robert Morris and Lehigh-Kansas, although Nova is constant on both my affiliates, KYW and WYOU, whereas Lehigh-Kansas is only constant on KYW. It is still the main on WYOU.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Friday's game confirmed for WUSA9. I only missed Pittsburtgh/Oakland from Milwaukee (thought they would go ACC). Only the Maryland game is constant on Friday.

    12:10-5pm
    Game #1: 12:15pm
    West Virginia vs. Morgan St.
    Game #2: 2:45pm
    Oakland vs. Pittsburgh

    7pm-12mid
    Game #1 7:25pm
    Duke vs. the winner of the AR Pine Bluff/Winthrop game
    Game #2 9:40pm
    Maryland vs. Houston


    Finally, Happy birthday JFEIN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It appears I have received a reprieve as I'm getting UCSB-anOSU instead of Houston-MD, so now I'm getting just one Brando game & 3 Eye-an Eagle games Friday.

    /prayers answered

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't complain about my games on Friday. I have to GuJo games and two Nantz games.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aside from Happy Hour, I am currently celebrating that I will be Brando free on Friday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.