Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Brief Announcement Concerning The World Cup

I guess I should just get straight to the point. I have a personal life and these World Cup start times are awful. I also have a DVR. I do not like spoilers.

The fact of the matter is simple in that I have no idea how much I am going to be around the internets for the next 5 weeks. It can literally venture from being around a lot to there being nary a trace of me for the next 5 weeks. If you want to host a live blog, that is fine, but if you are looking for me in particular, it is always going to be up in the air because there will be days when I am out all day working and will come home and watch some World Cup games before going to bed. There is a darn good chance that I may find myself 2-3 days behind at one point and thus, avoiding any spoilers I possibly can, especially on the internet. Once we are into the knockout round and days off start accumulating, chances are I might be around more and will most certainly be around for anything we plan for the finals. If you smell uncertainty in this post, you are absolutely right. I honestly do not know how much I will be around to chat World Cup, write blog posts (chances are World Cup spoilers will be everywhere on sports pages), and tweet about things.

I tell you all this for one reason: I do not want anyone to worry about me. I am fine. My potential absence has nothing to do with the Flyers and me being in a depressive state. It's a tough loss, but I am over it. Do not worry about me. The absence has everything to do with my uncertain work/volunteer schedules, their frequent interfering with World Cup start times, and me still wanting to experience the same thrill of the game that you all experience without having the results spoiled for me. Thank you for your understanding and I hope that this post is all precautionary and I won't ever fall behind as much as I fear I might. If I'm around chatting with you and writing blog posts, I've been caught up. If not, I will be around as soon as I possibly can.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Look for my final city preview (Cape Town) and my brief World Cup group stage predictions later tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I'll host some live blogs on my website. Haven't determined the schedule yet.

    Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.