Saturday, June 26, 2010

FIFA World Cup Round Of 16 Open Thread

Volunteering at an 18th century Pennsylvania German home that George Washington spent a few days in in October of 1777 and working all day today has led me to get way behind in World Cup games. Again. I am just getting to Group F now. For realz.

So here is how this is going to go, I will try my best to avoid as many spoilers as I possibly can (my DVR has not grasped this concept so I do know some things I have not seen yet), and consider this your entire Round of 16 open thread. I may be on Twitter some evenings tweeting about Phillies and the Flyers, but until then, you are not likely to see much in terms of blog posts, unless of course the Flyers pull the trigger on the much speculated trade for the rights of Evgeni Nabokov. The good news is I will be caught up by the time the quarterfinals roll around.

Obviously I have not looked at ESPN commentator press releases yet, so I can't tell you who is announcing what other than Ian Darke is working the U.S. game on Saturday.

USA! USA! USA!

For those like seeing happy humans, here are tons of people worldwide watching and reacting as they watch Landon Donovan's game-winner against Algeria live.

5 comments:

  1. The ESPN announcers for the Knockout Round:

    URU/KOR Healey/Mustoe
    USA/GHA Darke/Harkes
    ENG/GER Tyler/Ekoku
    ARG/MEX Darke/Harkes
    NED/SVK Rae/McCoist
    BRA/CHI Tyler/Ekoku
    PAR/JPN Darke/Harkes
    ESP/POR Tyler/Ekoku

    Congrats to Uruguay on advancing and Suarez for the spectacular goal that put them through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The U.S. needs to play 90 minutes not 80. Bad first 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad first 10 minutes of regulation and bad first 5 minutes of extra time.

    2-1 Ghana wins in extra time...bitter loss.

    Second straight time Ghana has knocked the U.S. out of the World Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The better team won today.

    Oh, and Fire Bob Bradley-- he had to waste 2 subs early on guys who shouldn't have been anywhere near the starting lineup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FIFA please do something about your shitty refereeing.

    Signed,
    The World

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.