Thursday, August 13, 2009

And Now For Today's Holy Shit Moment

From Chris Mortensen's Twitter account.

WOW! I'm shocked. But in a good way. Kevin Kolb showed what he was made of against the Ravens. A.J. Feeley sucks. And the Eagles nearly had a coaching intern play because of Kolb's injury. Sadly, though the NFL did not allow that move and instead that Eagles brought up Temple graduate Adam DiMichele.

I've always been for Vick's reinstatement into the league, and assuming he can still play, I'm happy to have him with the Eagles.

Mark your calendars for December 6. Regardless of whether Vick is starting or not for what would be a presumably injured McNabb, it should be a show when Michael Vick returns to Atlanta....

Update: Vick's contract is worth $1.6 million for 2009, according to Fox's Jay Glazer, and the Eagles can pick up a 2010 option for $5.2 million.

9 comments:

  1. Like I said in the comments section of your blog, I completely disagree. He did the crime, he did his time, and deserves to be let back in the league. As for your illegal gambling argument, that has nothing to do with this because he did not gamble on the NFL and football. He did the time for the whole dog-fighting ring fiasco and I'm happy to have him back as an Eagle, especially seeing as we have no other competent back up. Besides, he'd be great for a wildcat formation (can you imagine a defense's confusion with Vick, McNabb, and Jackson in the huddle at the same time?) My only concern is can Michael Vick still play the game of football, to which my blind hope leads me to believe that the answer is yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't have dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if I did, I can forgive him as I believe he truly has learned from his mistakes and he has changed. Besides, even though I have compassion for animals, I truly believe that everybody deserves a second chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if deep down McNabb really likes this move? But Vick does give the Eagles options if either McNabb or Westbrook go down with an injury.

    I love dogs, but Vick did his time. I'm all for guys getting out of prison and trying to get their lives back together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy Reid's Waist LineAugust 13, 2009 at 11:43 PM

    Vick still can't eat more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Crap! The Eagles play in Oakland this season. I might have to watch that game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, I'm going to the 49ers preseason game tomorrow. I can't wait to see the greatness known as Shaun Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ 49er16: I'm not necessarily a dog-lover, per se (I do have 2 cats, though) but I support do support animals rights and what not (same sort of goal as PETA, only I am sane in my outlook and beliefs), and like I said before and above, I've always felt he should be let back into the league. He did his time, now let's get on with our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.