Friday, August 28, 2009

Husky Barks: Bloomsburg 10, Ashland 7

Last night the Bloomsburg Huskies opened up their 2009 campaign in a historic way as for the first time ever, Bloomsburg played a home game at night (a game I would have gone to had I not been such a diehard Eagles fan). Not only that, but it was a battle of nationally ranked foes as #11 Bloomsburg (as ranked by D2football.com) took on #13 Ashland, Ohio. Here are your highlights courtesy of BU's new YouTube page.



Good game BU, and I must say, I dig Redman Stadium under the lights at night. I'm probably way biased, but I can't imagine many other D2 stadiums being that nice, considering the artificial turf, the nice lights, and the mountains in the background. We're now 1-0 and we beat another really good team. Dan Latorre is a almost a lesser version of Tim Tebow with the way he runs the football out of the spread offense. Go Huskies!!!

5 comments:

  1. Does Division 2 have a playoffs or are they BCS'd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playoffs.

    Bloomsburg made it to the national quarterfinals before bailing out to Cal (PA) in a game where the refs screwed the Huskies. We were one badly reffed game away from having Pam Ward or Eric Collins on the same campus as myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't you play Cal(PA) next week? will you caravan to the game, ala Hoosiers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we do play Cal (PA) next. I generally don't do road games, though, so probably not. If I have some friends that are doing it, then I might, but I probably won't start up any plans.

    Then again they are the team that got the lucky calls last year, er, I mean beat the Huskies in the national quartefinals....

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the Super Bowl to a Division 2 playoffs.... all refs screw up.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.