Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Please Excuse Me While I Go Shoot Myself (Your Week 1 Fox Announcing Line-Up)

First of all, big time thanks to James Craven and 49er16 for filling in for me on such a short notice.

And yes, I am aware of the Brett Favre story and if we have a contract signing and/or an offiical announcement tonight, I will get it on here ASAP. But now, on to the business at hand. I'd say thanks to Mookie and Fang's Bites, but if you're an Eagles or a Panthers fan, this is not good news. At all. As in, get ready to shoot yourself, as I have had the not so great privilege of viewing Fox's press release of their Week 1 announcing assignments, and while I could sugarcoat it and copy and paste the actual PR, I'll make this as quick and as painless as possible by just stating the games and the announcers for Week 1 of the NFL on Fox. And for all you Eagles and Panthers fans, there's been a HORRIBLE CHANGE!!!!! (all times eastern)

Philadelphia @ Carolina 1:00 (Dick Stockton and Charles Davis)
Minnesota @ Cleveland 1:00 (TBD)
Detroit @ New Orleans 1:00 (Chirs Myers and Trent Green)
Dallas @ Tampa Bay 1:00 (Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, and Tony Siragusa)
San Francisco @ Arizona 4:15 (TBD)
Washington @ New York Giants 4:15 (Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, SR: Pam Oliver)
St. Louis @ Seattle 4:15 (Ron Pitts and John Lynch)

If your game is a TBD game, that means you are either getting Sam Rosen and Tim Ryan or Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick. Either way, I do pity you, although I think you all need to pity me a whole lot more. Trust me, I need it.

And for the depth chart junkies, here is your Fox depth chart this year starting from the top, to the You Know Your Team Sucks If This Is Your Announce Team team.

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and Pam Oliver
Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, and Tony Siragusa
Dick Stockton and Charles Davis
Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick
Sam Rosen and Tim Ryan
Ron Pitts and John Lynch
Crhis Myers and Trent Green

And for all those representing the suicide hotline out there or what not, the title of that post is SARCASTIC!!!!!! Barely sarcastic, but nonetheless, I am not really about to blow my brains out. Although my toes may only have a few more minutes of attachment........

4 comments:

  1. I actually don't mind Rosen or Ryan. But Brennaman and Billick on the other hand, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish someone would brief Tim Ryan on the rules of football. As for Rosen, I just with someone would brief him a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rams @ Seahawks is Pitts/Lynch.

    With F***e to the Vikings I can only assume they'll take Brennaman/Billick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bad, I had my TBD games confused. Sorry.

    And I think you might be right about the Vikings getting Mrs. Tim Tebow and Brian Billick.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.