Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Have Now Seen Everything (UPDATED WITH MCCARTHY/WHEELER AND FRANZKE/ANDERSON CALLS)

You probably already know what happened, but if you don't, I won't spoil it for you. All I'll say is this may be one of the most unbelieveable endings to a Phillies game I have ever seen (thanks to 49er16 for the updated video via The Fightins



Seeing as this video will most likely be deleted, I am providing you the MLB.com link to the video. And I have no idea why everyone else is using the footage from the Mets broadcast (thank goodness for The Fightins). Simply a once in a lifetime unbelieveable play and finish to a ball game.

FYI, LLWS live blog below.

Update: I'm sure you have seen the new video by now courtesy of 49er16, but the radio call from Scott Franzke and Larry Anderson of the Phillies radio network may top everything. You will soon find out why I want Franzke on TV so bad. Click on this link, then click "proceed to this site", and download the audio file. Don't worry, all is safe for you (triple play comes in at 55 seconds into the audio).

(Hat tip to Sarge's Twitter account on the Franzke/Anderson audio!)

5 comments:

  1. JFein,

    MLB.com almost always uses the home team's feed for the highlights unless they're not televising. My PHL 17 TV had the Phillies call on their website but the studio hosts talked over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is exactly what the Mets deserve for trying a stupid-ass hit & run down 2 in the 9th inning. Fire Jerry Manuel Now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, how many times are you going to see that? That's the Mets luck this year. It was really funny that Howard and Bruntlett booted easy groundballs to set it up.

    MLB.com did add the Phillies TV call later on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear you about the Mets luck, but it was still a dumb idea to put runners in motion with 0 outs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya as well about the Mets luck. Just when you think they have finally found every way possible to lose a baseball game, something else even more strange and bizarre happens. I must say, though, all this has provided me with many wonderful laughs.

    Whether it was in part due to that triple play or not, I'm not sure, but the Mets just look simply deflated and defeated today. And while I'm not sure how different it was a couple of hours away from me in New York, today was not a hot and humid day, so you really can't say it was heat/humidity that caused it.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.