Tuesday, April 13, 2010

On This Day In 2009: RIP Harry


April 13, 2009.

There's not a Phillies fan alive that forgets where they were and what they were doing when they heard the tragic news. Yes, it's been a full year. Yes, it seems like just yesterday he told us Chase Utley was the man.

He passed away as he was preparing for a Phillies game taking on the Nationals in Washington. Rightfully forgotten about that day, the Phillies won that game 9-8.

Today is about remembering an icon, a legend, a voice. CSN Philly ran a video package remembering Harry after his death last year. I am proud to say that I have found it and have posted it below for your remembrance and reflection. The Stanley Cup playoffs start tomorrow, I will have more on them then. But for now and for today, let us remember the only true voice of the Phillies. It may be a year to the day, but we still have not forgotten you Harry. Rest In Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I was watching a NFL films DVD on the 94 Niners and finally realized Harry Kalas was the voice over. I've had that movie for about 8 years and it took me that long to realize that.

    R.I.P. Harry K

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.