Saturday, July 11, 2009

Breaking News: Jonathon Sanchez Throws a No-Hitter

(Guest posted by Keith from Keith's Sports Journal)

Every San Francisco Giants fan knew that one of our pitchers would throw either a no-hitter or a perfect game. And that is exactly what happened tonight. Giants pitcher Jonathon Sanchez threw the first no-hitter of the season against the San Diego Padres.

Sanchez struck out 11 and walked none. Because 0f an error by Juan Uribe, the perfect game was lost. Aaron Rowand saved the game in the ninth inning with a leaping catch against the center field wall. And the true All-Star himself, Pablo Sandoval, hit a home-run.

Sanchez's story is even better though. Sanchez has been talk of numerous trade reports since the beginning of the season. Sanchez then struggled all season with his control. Three weeks ago, the Giants took Sanchez out of the rotation. Well since Randy J0hnson was put on the DL, Sanchez was inserted back into the rotation tonight. And what does Sanchez do? Throws this no-hitter. I guess the Giants will have to keep Sanchez in the rotation now.

Update!: Here is the video of the top half of the ninth inning of Sanchez's no-hitter. BTW, this was the first time Sanchez's father has seen his son pitch a major league game in person.



Sanchez makes most of opportunity, throws no-hitter (ESPN)

Final edit from JFein before I leave: My sincerest congratulations to the San Francisco Giants, and more importantly, Jonathan Sanchez for the no-hitter last night! I hope 49er16 does not mind the addition of the better quality video of that thrilling 9th inning (if you do, then you can switch it back). And remember what I said yesterday about Murphy's Law and that whenever I notice someone has a no-hitter that me turning it on spoils the action, well, Murphy's Law came through again! Guess who did not find out about Sanchez's no-no until this morning........

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS TO SANCHEZ!!!!! WOW!!! And to think that I always thought that Lincecum would be the first to do it this year. Well, I had the right team, I guess.....

    I hope you don't mind the addition of the much better quality video and my final edit of congratulations to Sanchez and the Giants. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind better video at all. Have a gun trip.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.