Friday, July 10, 2009

Auf Wiedersehen!

As you may have noticed by JamesCraven's post earlier this morning, I will be going away for a bit and him (along with 49er16) will be taking over the reigns of the blog for the next week and a half. I am leaving tomorrow, July 11 and will return sometime during the afternoon of Tuesday, July 21 (although due to unpacking and jetlag, it may not be until the 22nd that I post again). For those that are interested and/or curious I will be in Europe in Germany, Austria, and Hungary, and while it is doubtful that I will find a free internet cafe, if I do, I will try to log on and say, "hi". And seeing as Europe is a place where some countries charge you €.60 to use public restrooms, I am skeptical in my beliefs that I will find a free internet cafe.

Me going away, however, does mean one thing in the sports world. There will be a whole heck of a lot of news, that's for sure. It only makes sense, I mean, the past few weeks, other than the death of a plethora of famous people, there has not been a whole lot of sports news. That only means, that when I am gone, there will be a lot of news (may I suggest looking up Murphy's Law?), especially seeing as there is a lot of news bound to happen such as the Phillies getting a pitcher, most likely Pedro Martinez, and the Vikings signing Brett Favre, among other big things, such as a no-hitter. Seriously, every time I have learned that a pitcher has a no-hitter going, I turn in to MLB Network or ESPN/Fox/TBS if it is a national game and the no-hitter is gone the next inning the pitcher takes the mound (case and point, last night and Tim Lincecum).

But I digress, I'll miss you all greatly and please give 49er16 and JamesCraven the same kindness and patronage that you give to me. I will leave it up to 49er16 and JC if they want to give out their email addresses on this blog or not. FireAndyReidNow@gmail.com is mine and mine alone as is the newly formed Twitter account, so they will be without contact for 10 days.

Again, thanks for all your kindness and patronage, and unless something huge comes up between now and 3:00 PM ET tomorrow (i.e. Phillies-Martinez, Vikings-Favre, etc.), this will be my last post here until I return on July 21 (packing sucks). So seeing as I'll be in Germany for a good part of the trip, and other than leaving you with what has to be the longest goodbye vacation post in Blogger history, it is only fitting that I leave you all with a kind auf wiedersehen!

Update: Why is it that whenever I say "this is my last post until such and such a time" that immediately afterwards big news happens? Jayson Werth has been selected to replace Carlos Beltran in the all-star game (thus making it 5 Phils in the mid-summer classic and every Phils starting outfielder is in it) and Chris Coste is now a Houston Astro.

5 comments:

  1. I suggest visting that Whore House in Berlin that was featured on "Real Sports" a couple of years back during the World Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to be in that of Germany, but if I was, Berlin and the whore house would probably be my first stop! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try the beer and sauerkraut!

    See you JFein and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys! And I'll be sure to give the sauerkraut a try (I don't know the German drinking age).

    Re: Murphy's Law: Guess who was NOT paying attention to the happenings outside of the NL East last night.........

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.