Sunday, July 26, 2009

U.S. Embarrassed

Oy ve. I can't.....I can't even....oy ve. On the plus side, it was 0-0 at halftime! I'll just let Pablo Ramirez and Jesus Bracamontes of Univision take you through the 2nd half highlights of today's CONCACAF Gold Cup Championship and you'll get the point.



And to think that I thought about live blogging this game. I just hope that things turn out differently on August 12 when the U.S. travels to Estadio Azteca to take on Mexico in a World Cup qualifying game and they have their regulars playing once again. That game will by far be much more important than this one was.

And just as a couple asides, isn't it embarrassing that in a sold-out Giants Stadium, over 75% of the fans there were Mexican fans? And isn't it also embarrassing that I enjoyed watching Univision broadcasts of the game in Spanish, a language of which I only know a few words and phrases at best, then I did watching the American broadcasts on Fox Soccer Channel with Max Bretos and Christopher Sullivan? Sullivan fidgits way too much with his headset when he is on camera and Max Bretos, Gus Johnson you are not.

1 comment:

  1. Dis.Grace.Ful.

    Fire Bob Bradley for choking in a major final again.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.