Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Last Keith Olbermann Post For A While

If you did not get what I was talking about with Keith Olbermann's hypocrisy in my rant a week and a half-ago, watch this and all will become more crystal clear than it ever has been before. And of all things, it has to do with the Garofalo video I put up in my rant. Just for easy comparison's sake, here is that interview again.



And now today's Worst Person In The World segment (wait for it, the hypocrisy comes with the "Worst" portion, although I must say, Keith calling out Manny Ramirez as "Worse" is great)



Don't worry, I'm not going to rant again. I did that before here and I let loose again at The O Files where I just so happened to be filling-in as JC is at the Phils game today (coincidence that I get to live blog the Ultimate Hypocrisy episode).

And my apologies for the Olbermann overload the past couple of weeks. But when there is not a whole heck of a lot going on in the sports world (i.e. summer time), sometimes things that would normally take a back seat in my mind and on this blog come to the forefront. Training camp can't start soon enough....

5 comments:

  1. I choose to respond to you here, rather than on JC's blog, and even then its only on a minor point. I turned off Countdown in the middle of the Scheuer rant for precisely the reason you eludicated. But Sarah Palin got framed as a "know-nothing" because she wasn't able to answer basic questions w/out resorting to the dreaded word-salad(the Bush doctrine question is the classic example), and when called on this, relied on victimization & self-pity (as an attractive woman)to avoid the responsibility for not knowing the answer. And too many people were more than willing to blame the other side & the media for fostering this. But,according to the Vanity Fair article, this is a calculated strategy, and not know-nothingness. For that, I have no sympathy. For the historical background of this trend in the USA, go find a copy of Idiot America, by Charlie Pierce and read it. Sorry for the political rant. Like you, I'll stick to sports when something happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. re:Garofalo

    I infiltrated a "Tea Party" on Saturday and those people are so misinformed its not even funny. And yes, a lot of sentiment there consisted of racial and religious bigotry. And its all drummed up and fed by the conservative media machine that dominates the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and i'd appreciate it very much if the Phillies would take Roy Halladay out of the AL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen that Vanity Fair article, but it certainly is interesting point you brought up and would make sense. And I also agree that if that is the case, then I too have no respect for her strategy. She's a media-whore and I can't stand her, all I was saying is that some people in the media gave her a bad break.

    I have not been to one and/or infiltrated one (that is a good idea, though, ;-)), so I can't tell you for sure, but I find it very hard to believe that each and every single one of them are racist? I will concede the point of some, no doubt about it, but to say EVERY one who protested is racist is a bit much.

    And believe me, I'd appreciate it very much if the Phillies got Roy Halladay. ;-) Although I don't think the Phillies will be likely to grad him as his asking price might be too high for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those protesting aren't all racist, but a lot of them push that angle. of course, one guy spoke at the thing i hung out at talking about the USA giving up control of its coastline to the UN, so who knows.

    In Palin, its like a team rushing its prized prospect to the majors, only to watch crash and burn. If she'd come across as knowledgeable in those interviews, I think the perception of her would be vastly different. And, for that,I blame the McCain campaign and how they chose to present her.

    And I'm getting very tired of KO's antics and I'm a big fan.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.