Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some Things That I Missed And The Upcoming Days

Seeing as I work on Thursday, I figured why not throw up a garbage post late tonight before I crash from jet lag and just to recap some things to be looking for in the world of MLB.

JC and 49er16 did a great job of covering things while I was away and with the lackluster week and a half that it was, I really don't have much more to add.

Ben Roethlisberger is going Kobe Bryant on us all and ESPN is refusing to report and/or talk about it. I really should not be surprised by any of this....

Ron Franklin is retiring after the 2010 NIT tournament. The best of luck to him in all of his future endeavours. I'm too lazy to throw this up as a poll question, but with Franklin's retirement and perhaps the future retirement of some other older broadcasters (Stockton, Enberg, and so on and so forth), who do you think will emerge as the voice of the next generation of sports? Will it really be Joe Buck? Could he possibly become just as if not even more famous than his father, Jack Buck? What about the fruit of Marv's loins? Or Nantzy? Or Shulman? Or perhaps someone like Dave Pasch who is a relative unknown get the break of a lifetime? Let me know what you think in the comments section.

Will the Phillies trade for a starting pitcher? I must say, it is a blast reading rumor after rumor about what they will and won't do and who they are and are not interested in. Right now, the big names for the Phils are Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay but all that could change real quick. Who will become a Phillie and who will they replace in the starting rotation? Will Pedro Martinez even be a starter? The Phillies bullpen needs some help as they are not getting plenty of long games from the Phils starters and with Martinez being considered by most to be only a 5-inning pitcher at this point, is Pedro best-suited for the bullpen? If the Phils acquire Halladay, Lee, or some other big name, I certainly think that Martinez in the pen may be the best idea out there. They could use one more arm. Now will the Phils make that move with Martinez and will Martinez accept that role? The answer has to be doubtful at best on both accounts, but if you think about it, that really would not be that bad of a move and may benefit both sides more than anything else.

We can all stop watching this baseball season now. It's over. It's done with. You can take it to the bank, go to Vegas, and bet your household on this one. I will tell you right now with 100% certainty that the Boston Red Sox will win the World Series this year. Remember the day that you read this.

According to one forum, the Madden 10 soundtrack, along with the soundtrack of other EA games will come out this Friday. If that is indeed the case (or whenever the date is), I will post those soundtracks here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm still jet-lagged and subsequently tired as hell. I will be collapsing in 5...4......3...2..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.