Friday, July 24, 2009

Why Wait For Football Season When You Can Hear Dick Stockton's Anti-Philly Bias This Weekend?

The Philadelphia Phillies are back on Fox this Saturday and guess who is announcing the game? You guessed it. It's none other than Dick "Ball Four! Strike Three!" Stockton (along with Tim McCarver in the booth and with Ken Rosenthal reporting)

In a post earlier this week, I mentioned at how Stockton is always anti-Philadelphia. His excitement is always less for Philly teams than it is for their opponents, whomever they may be. In games where Philly is winning, it is never about what the Phillies, Eagles, or Sixers are doing right, but rather, what the other team is wrong. In other words, he does not give credit where credit is due. This assessment of Stockton has come over many years of listening to him. As early as the early 2000s, I can vividly remember thinking to myself, "wow, this Stockton fellow hates Philly teams".

So go ahead, if you get the game this weekend, and you have not previously picked up on Stockton's anti-Philly bias, watch it and listen to Stockton and see if you can understand what I am talking about. I'm not joking or being sarcastic at all. Discover for yourself why Dick Stockton is my least favorite announcer of any sport.

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY AGREE!! Watching the phillies all week said the same thing. And now watching Eagles and he's at it again. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.