Tuesday, July 28, 2009

John LeClair To Be Inducted In The U.S. Hockey Hall Of Fame

Today is a great day to be a Flyers fan as it was just announced that one of our own and former Legion Of Doom member, John LeClair, will be inducted into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame. Via The Philadelphia Daily News

Former Flyer John LeClair will be inducted into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame, USA Hockey announced yesterday.
Joining LeClair as the Class of 2009 are the 1998 U.S. Olympic women's team, Tony Amonte, Tom Barrasso, John LeClair and Frank Zamboni.

LeClair, the first American-born player to record three consecutive 50-goal seasons in the NHL, had the best seasons of his 16-year career with the Flyers.

In 10 seasons (1994-2004) with the Flyers, he had 333 goals and 643 points, seventh on the club's all-time goals and points lists. LeClair broke the 40-goal mark in five consecutive seasons (1995-2000) and finished in the top 10 in league scoring four times (1994-95, 1996-99).

"My playing days in Philadelphia were great, as were the fans," LeClair said. "Obviously, I enjoyed most of my success when I was a member of the Flyers. It was a great time and a great time in my career. When I think back at hockey I think I am most associated with the Philadelphia Flyers."

For his career - including being a member of the 1993 Stanley Cup champions in Montreal - registered 406 goals and 413 assists for 819 points in 967 career games.
Congrats, John LeClair! Growing up, I loved the Flyers and John LeClair was my favorite of them all. There is without a doubt that this is an honor that he rightfully deserves. He had a great career with the Flyers and I wish him nothing but the best in the future as well as I hope he enjoys this honor for all that it is worth as, as mentioned above, he truly deserves it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    BTW, PFT is reporting that Jim Johnson may not have much more time left on Earth. My thoughts & prayers are with him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read that 5 seconds ago at PFT. ;'-(

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.