Saturday, December 12, 2009

Congrats to the Villanova Wildcats!

(Author's Note: Don't get too excited about seeing this post. I am taking a short break in the library from studying for finals and working on a paper so I decided to type up this brief blurb. My computer still does not have internet).

Had it been a normal night last night, I might have even had a live blog up for last night's William & Mary-Villanova showdown, but because of my internet problems and my scrambling to find a solution and need to find a sanctity in a computer lab to watch my shows to help calm me down (I needed to be not in the same room as that computer), I only was able to watch the last 6 minutes of the game.

That being said, congrats to the Villanova Wildcats for fighting it out being down 10-0 at one point and rallying to come back in the 2nd half and defeat William & Mary 14-13 and for the first time ever, will play in the I-AA FCS National Championship game in Chattanooga. They will play the winner of today's Montana-Appalachian State game in that championship.

Because it's not the FBS, I don't really expect a lot of people outside of wealthy suburban Philadelphia, Appalachian State, and Montana to care, but to see Villanova play in and possibly the biggest college football playoff for their first time ever would indeed be a great accomplish and something I will definitely be looking forward to. Hey, it is technically still Division I, right?

Go Wildcats!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.