Monday, December 7, 2009

FredEx Arrested

Why is it that every month or so I am doing some random post on former Eagle Freddie Mitchell, a legend in his own mind and his own mind alone? This time he failed to pay child support so he was locked up in jail. Poor First Down Freddie. CSN Philly's Leslie Gudel first broke this story through Twitter over the weekend and here is said tweet.

As if this story needed a kicker, he was scheduled to guest host a radio show this week in Philly. Well guess what, somehow, FredEx got out of jail and still ended up on the radio! Only Freddie Mitchell.

According to PhillyBlurbs, he was asked about the incident and he did have some comments on it.

Mitchell said on the radio that he didn't know about the warrant. On his non-payment of child support: "I don't condone not paying it, but they don't understand my situation, and it's still an ongoing trial." ..."When it comes to parenting and custody, they have all the rights. I'm sorry, but woman have the rights. If they want to do something on spite and not let you see your kids, they can do it. And that's what happened with me. I don't condone not paying child support, but I chose, 'Hey, I'm not going to pay.' "
Sometimes there is a part of me that wishes he never caught that 4th and 26 ball from McNabb. That guy is just flat out crazy and/or delusional. And yet, it's all oddly hilarous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.