Monday, December 21, 2009

VIDEO OF EPICNESS: Eagles Fans Create Second Blizzard At Expense Of Niners Fans


I am aware that what I am about to say may not be the most popular thing I have ever written and I am aware that you may blast me for this, but whether you like it or not, whether you love it or you hate it, I'm about to tell it like it is, so before you criticize, think hard and long about what I am saying as you'll find that I speak the truth.

Look, everyone who threw a snow is an idiot. At the same time, when you go to a football game where your team is the road team and you are going to the game the day after the 2nd largest snowstorm in city history and you blatantly and purposefully where paraphernalia of the visiting team, you're an even bigger idiot and this is going to happen.



I honestly cannot watch that with a straight face. That is too funny!

Oh, wait, JFein, I thought you said everyone who threw a snowball was an idiot? Yes. I did. And they are. At the same time, though, idiocy can be fun and harmless, can't it? No one was hurt or injured from or suffered a phantom water concussion so what is really the big deal here? I don't need to tell you the whole Bloomsburg snowball fight story again, but I took several well-aimed, hard thrown snowballs to the head that night, as did other people. And if it was not for my complete lack of a throwing arm and an aim, I would have damn sure dished them out as well with a laughing smile and a grin on my face. Yet, despite those numerous snowballs to the head, I'm still here aren't I? No phantom concussion for flying water for me. I'm a man!

So what's the big deal? From all reports, no one was at all hurt or harmed from snowballs so whatever it is, a bunch of pussy Niners fans sure as hell are angry over a bunch of nothing.

From the forums I have scrolled today, we are "classless", "scum", "douche bags", "dirtbags", "only good for sucking some penis", and we are "to football what Al Queda is to Islam!"

My apologies for this little dose of reality, but if you do say that then you are saying that you and your fanbase would not have done the same thing and that's about as false as 2 plus 2 equals fish. Seriously, people. This is fucking human nature we are dealing with. Stick this snow storm in any of the 31 NFL venues with any of the 32 fan bases a day before a game. Heck, make it end 14 hours before the start of the game as it did here, and we'll see what happens. You can't expect every flake of snow away from the fans, that's borderline an insane expectation for hard-working men and women who did their damn best just to make this game playable and over 60,000 seats usable. Guess what, there is going to be snow there. Unguarded and unprotected snow. And guess what 20-year old college kids do when they see a shitload of snow lying around? They throw it at any and all people outside of their perceived box or group. And guess what, those helpless folks wearing blatant Niners jersies, are outside of that box. This is not a Philadelphia thing, this is not a New York thing, this is not a New England thing, this is not a Northeast thing, this is a human nature thing. Are you people, especially you whiny Niners fans and everyone else chastising Philly fans for this, really that sanctimonious as to believe that this does not happen anywhere else? If you are, then not only are you sanctimonious, but you are a fucking liar and a hypocrite.

A lot of what I say is sarcasm, but not one damn bit of this is sarcasm. Are you telling me that in the face of all that snow, that Panthers fans would hold fire? Are you saying that nothing like this would ever happen in Houston if the opportunity there? Are you San Franciscans above all forms of douche baggery? Are you really that holier than thou that your entire fan base?

But, you counter, show us an instance where us good-natured hearty Niners fans did this? Well I can't. You only don't do it because you live in San Francisco where not once during the year does the temperature ever rise or fall below 50 degrees. You never have the chance to go to a snow game. It's not that your not idiots like Eagles fans, it's just you never get the chance to be those kind of idiots. There's a difference. Because I dare you to look me in the virtual eyes and say with a straight face that if you were going to your team's home game after that much snow was dumped on your city and your stadium and I dare you to tell me that not only you, but your entire fanbase would be perfect angels and that what happened in Philadelphia and what happened in the Meadowlands would not happen at your perfect stadium with your perfect fans. And then I dare you to actually put yourself in that situation. The results will be eye-opening.

But, wait a minute, JFein? You would have the same kind of reaction if 58,000 people decided to throw snowballs at you. Well first of all, I would not be dumb enough to go to an Eagles game as a fan of the visiting team AND I would not be dumb enough to go to an Eagles game as a fan of the visiting team the day after a snow storm AND I would not be dumb enough not to go to an Eagles game as a fan of the visiting team the day after a snow storm wearing the jersies of the visiting team AND I would not be dumb enough to not just stand there for a minute as snowballs were flying at me.

Like it or hate it, that's the way it is. Deal with it.

7 comments:

  1. Your forgetting one thing though Justin, what about the non-Niners fans who were sitting by then getting pelted by snowballs? Look I realize this happens everywhere, but it's totally uncalled for. Especially the non-Niners fans who were also being pelted by snowballs.

    They didn't ask for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes everyone on the East Coast are douchebags. We can't help it that we live in a better part of the country than you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go to an Eagles game a day after a huge snowstorm, you are basically telling 60,000 people it's okay to pound you with a snowball. Of course, wearing Niners jersies only gives 60,000 people a more specific target for their Phillies pitching auditions.

    It's like I said, Keith. You can say that knowing that in San Francisco the temperature is currently 50 degrees so you can say that and never have to eat your words. Let's play a snow bowl in San Francisco and let's see what happens. I guarantee you snowballs will be flying just like they do in Philly, New York, New England, and Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your not listening to what I'm saying, what about the non-Niners fans in that section also getting pelted by snowballs. Did those people deserve to get by them?

    Also don't lecture me about throwing stuff. We Giants fans aren't called the battery chuckers for no reason ;-)

    /my dad drilled Tommy Lasorda with a double A battery once at a Giants game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally figured it out Keith,

    you're really William Ligue Jr under an assumed name...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust me Kris, there were times I thought about attacking Lasorda.

    /That's how much I hate him.
    //He deserves it though. He refuses to believe his son died of AIDS and was a Homosexual

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ 49er16: Regardless of where you sit, you are running a risk of getting hit by a snowball by refusing to go to such a game. And hasn't anyone ever heard of getting up out of their seats when people are throwing snowballs? Especially if you are the innocent Eagles fans nearby. No one is going to notice. Just get up and come back in 5 minutes when all has settled down.

    See? You would throw batteries at LaSorda, now who is to say that you would not throw snowballs at people at a Niners home game wearing Kurt Warner jersies and trash-talking the other team to others or just to themselves but loud enough for others to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.