Monday, June 15, 2009

Artie Lange Takes Great Pleasure In Humiliating Joe Buck And Ruining His "Great Show" (UPDATED WITH BETTER, LONGER VIDEO AND OT SEGMENT)

Yes, I did see thw whole first episode of Joe Buck Live, and I must say, I was not overly impressed. Nothing big came out of the Favre interview, Joe Buck somehow got out of having a hugh argument with Chad Johnson Ochocinco, and I felt that some of his humor fell flat. And keep in mind, I generally enjoy Joe Buck's dry sense of humor. But the highlight of the night was by a mile Artie Lange completely owning Joe Buck, Tony Romo, and Jessica Simpson all in less than 2 minutes of epic hilarity, with the best part being after Joe "The Bachelor Is Better Than Baseball" Buck saying that TMZ is his favorite website, Lange suggests that his 2nd favorite website must therefore be "suckingcock.com". (as you have probably figured out, this video is quite NSFW as you can pretty much say whatever the fuck you want on HBO. And Artie Lange knows that.)





And while I don't know about elsewhere, but everyone in Philadelphia (or at least in my family) caught on to the whole Tony Homo joke years ago. Nevertheless, that was hilarious. And kudos to Buck as well for handling all of that with tremendous aplomb. Especially in the Overtime segment where Lange got carried on and on. And more kudos to Buck for fighting back. I think this might be the first time that I ever felt sorry for the guy.

And one last thing not necessarily related to Lange but to Joe Buck Live in general, if I had a nickel for everytime Buck said how "great" a show it was going to be in the first 8 or so minutes, I think I would be a millionaire. Oh, and the ironic part was how at the end of the show, he went on about how announcers should not use the word "amazing" to describe every play in sports. And Joe, what's not amazing about Kobayashi eating 100 hot dogs?

Your first episode of "Joe Buck Live" in ten minutes or less (Awful Announcing)
Joe Buck Live Overtime gets even more uncomfortable (Awful Announcing)

5 comments:

  1. it got worse on the overtime segment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Abraham Zapruder's grandson had a YouTube account.

    AA has an extended version of this segment. Lange was pretty funny, though. At least Joe Buck Live was better than The Magic Hour.

    /pretty low bar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian and RJBO (+1 btw for the Zapruder joke), I put up a better quality, longer video. That was all I could find right away. If only I would have waited the extra hour or so for AA's posts.....

    And random note of bragging from me: This is the first time I'm aware of that I've been linked outside of KSJ, SSR, AA, The O Files...

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.