Friday, June 5, 2009

Phillies Announcing Schedule For The Weekend

I figured seeing as the Phillies have 2 non-blacked out nationally televised games, I'd throw up an announcing schedule for the Phils for the weekend. And suffice to say that even though it is 2 days, I will greatly miss Tom McCarthy (who by the way, I feel has done a fine job at replacing the great Harry Kalas), Chris Wheeler, and Gary "Sarge" Matthews. And when you see this schedule, I think you will understand why. (Thanks to the506)

Saturday: Phillies @ Dodgers 4:00 (Fox - Dick Stockton and Eric Karros, SR: Ken Rosenthal and Chris Rose)

Sunday: Phillies @ Dodgers 8:00 (ESPN - Dan Shulman, Joe Morgan, and Steve Phillips)

EEP!!! Let's see, I've got my least favorite announcer for all sports and all networks (Stockton) on Saturday and then on Sunday night I have to put up with Morgan and Phillips! Why do us Phillies fans have to be tortured like this? And while Shulman is definitley a major improvement over Miller, I am not crazy about him like others are.

And on a completely unrelated note, hopefully the forecasts are right and Brian Westbrook will be back for the start of the regular season.

4 comments:

  1. HOW DARE YOU SAY DAN SHULMAN IS AN IMPROVEMENT OVER JON MILLER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, the torture of the major networks WANTING to televise your games. can i sign up for that?



    /bitter Orioles fan'd

    ReplyDelete
  3. 49er16, you hate Dan Shulman or do you really like Jon Miller?

    kt, trust me, it is not as glamorous as it is made out to be. It's on the national networks that you end up with Dick Stockton, Joe Buck, Chip Caray, Dick Stockton, Thom Brennaman, Steve Phillips, Dick Stockton, Tim McCarver, occasionally Chris Berman, Dick Stockton, and worst of all, Dick Stockton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Dan Shulman is an improvement over Jon Miller, then I'm The Real Slim Shady.

    But I'm not. OT, I don't like Gary Matthews in the booth, he just rambles on and on. Bring Scott Graham back and have him yell at Adam Dunn's "throw" last Saturday (5/30) "Cue the dacing bears!"

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.