Sunday, June 28, 2009

HEARTBREAK CITY! DOWN 2-0 AT HALFTIME, BRAZIL WINS THE CONFEDERATIONS CUP!

Wow. All I can say is wow. After seeing the United States up 2-0 at halftime, I thought the game was over and that the Confederations Cup was going to the U.S. Turns out, I was wrong. Fabiano in the 46th and 74th minute and Lucio in the 84th changed the direction of the game and that would be it. Brazil 3, United States 2. And of course, what better broadcast is there to put up for the highlights of a Brazil-United States game than the Polish broadcast? Here are the highlights complete with screaming Univision Brazilian announcers! Enjoy!



And while it is heartbreaking for the United States, I'll do what Rece Davis, Alexi Lalas, JP Dellacamera, and John Harkes failed to do for the 30 minute following the end of the game and give Brazil their props. They are one of the best in the world for a reason. Despite having not trailed in over 5 hours of gametime and then being down 2-0 at halftime, they showed heart and hung in there. They never tucked their tail between their legs and they kept on fighting and going after it and it paid off big time in the 2nd half. And while it is only the Confederations Cup, as a U.S. fan, I so badly wanted to our team standing on that podium with the fireworks in the background and the subsequent dousing of our team in confetti. Oh well.

Congratulations, once again, to Brazil. And while unrelated to all of this, RIP Billy Mays.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Shit! I watch the first half and saw the US go up 2-0. And then I start my travels to come back and to find out they lost! I guess congrats to Brazil.

    R.I.P. BILLY MAYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lest we forget te user removed the video...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fixed. I now have funny Brazilian announcers up!

    BRASILLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.