Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Pittsburgh Penguins Win The Stanley Cup In A Finish Eerily Opposite To Last Year's (UPDATED FINALLY WITH HUGHSON'S CBC CALL)

OMG.......I love AA. I guess the YouTube problem is either the search engine or my internet for some bizarre reason (see below posts for explanation as I doubt not too many people are reading FARN! at 1 and 2 in the morning). Regardless, Friday afternoon I posted a Great Moments in Sports which highlighted moments from this year's playoffs I put up a clip of the final cup clinching seconds for the Red Wings. Watch that again. And now, watch the video below of the Pens winning it this year. Reverse deja vu....HELLO!



Just incredible and for the 2nd year in a row, my heart leapt out of my throat as I watched the final seconds of the Stanley Cup finals. Good grief, what if that last shot went in??? And I spoke of the lucky burrito from Qdoba in Pittsburgh that Dan Bylsma was 22-1 before when he ate a burrito from there before the game. Somehow, he found a way to eat the burrito yesterday before traveling to Detroit for the game. THE LUCKY BURRITO HAS WON THE STANLEY CUP FOR THE PENGUINS! Regardless, the Pens are the 2009 Stanley Cup champions and I'm in hell because of it. At least the Mets gave me some salvation for the night (see below post).

Once the YouTube search engine is working again, I'll search for Hughson's call on CBC and add it as an update to this post.

Update: FINALLY!!! I've literally spent hours searching for this and I have finally found it. Take it away, Jim Hughson! (don't be intimidated by the length, the end of the game is the first part of the video; the rest is the afterward celebration).



And for those so inclined, here is what the Penguins winning the Stanley Cup sounded like in French on the French-Canadian channel, RDS (complete with screaming Penguins fans in the background!)



Encore, felicitations aux Pingouins de Pittsburgh, Pennsylvanie. Mais je toujours deteste Sidney Crosby! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I liked Hughson's call the best. Emrick was great but he sounded a little out of breath.


    Thing is the "Sidney Crosby and the Penguins" from Hughson should have just been "The Pittsburgh Penguins". Kinda insulting to everyone else to just put out the start player and the team second for a Cup call.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.