Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What To Look For In The Coming Weeks And Months

I guess I really should have done this at the start of the new year, but downtime on a Tuesday night I guess is not bad either. So here is a rundown of some of the things that you can expect in the upcoming weeks and months or so.
  • Updating the Schedules: After a 2.5-month hiatus from doing so, I have returned to updating the schedules on the sidebar with the results of Flyers games and Villanova games. I know how much you all missed those....
  • The return of the March Madness Live Blogs: I don't know about everyone else, but after all the fun and laughs we had last year, there isn't anyway that we are not returning with the March Madness live blogs. 10 minutes before Scottie Reynolds hit Villanova's game-winning shot in the elite 8 against Pitt, I nearly died of laughter. Thanks RJBO. The conference tournament live blogs will be on a TBD basis, but you can definitely expect a lot of March Madness fun.
  • The return of the NHL and NBA Playoffs open threads and live blogs: Don't expect too much in the live blog department until we get really deep into the playoffs (or if there is a big Game 7 of some sort), but I will have open threads up for the NHL and NBA postseason, although to make things easier, I will probably just have one post per day for both the NHL and NBA instead of a post for each sport each day.
  • The High School Years: Over the summer last year, Basketbawful ran what turned out to be a very popular multi-part story detailing his freshmen year in college and some of the drama around his personal life. Well, inspired by that will come my little story of my last two years in high school and then some. Like his, it will be a multi-part story and I am thinking of getting the publication of that started in the next week or 2 as there will be some downtime after the conference championships and before the Super Bowl. It will certainly be something different around these parts and is something that I look forward to getting up as I already have the first couple parts written and ready to go. It's just a matter of picking the perfect time to publish them. I must warn you though, if you are not a fan of awkward humor, then you might want to stay away from it. ;-)
  • 2010 World Cup Previews: The final main thing that will be coming up this summer is the 2010 FIFA World Cup, and while I can sit here and type up matchup previews and what not, let's face it, I do not follow soccer regularly or closely enough to give you an adequate breakdown of each team and each match, so instead, I will put my history major to good use and will give you a historic, geographic, and cultural breakdown of each of the South African cities hosting World Cup venues. Yes, I am aware that some cities will be a lot more exciting and interesting than others, that comes with the territory, but regardless, I look forward to diving deep into that pool of information and sharing my new found knowledge with you.
Well that's that. Thank you for your continued patronage and hopefully you have as much fun reading this stuff as I do writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.