Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dave Spadaro Is A Disgrace

This story made its way about the blogosphere last night and this morning and I felt the need to address it before anybody jumps to conclusions that they should not.

Dave Spadaro is a member of the Philadelphia Eagles PR department. He is the Eagles webmaster and if you ever want to know how the Eagles are spinning a certain story, you can be sure to check out his columnn. Basically the guy is a joke in this town as it is.

Well, as an employee of the Philadelphia Eagles, they were able to get him a credentialed media pass to be on the field and do a feature to be put up on the Eagles website, philadelphiaeagles.com

Want to know what he had put up on the website? Check this bit of classless idiocy out.



No, no, you saw right. That was Dave Spadaro, an employee of the Eagles and someone who was given a special pass to be on the field and issue a report for the Eagles' official website, spitting on the star at Cowboys Stadium. How classless and disrespectful can you get?

Now if you thought that bit of classless idiocy was funny, wait until you read his "apology".

As you may have seen, I went too far with my Spudcam video prior to Sunday's game against the Cowboys. Acting alone, and without permission from the Eagles organization, I walked out to the middle of the field at Cowboys Stadium and spit on the Cowboys star, and for that I deeply apologize to the outstanding Cowboys organization and the fine people there, from Jerry Jones to the rest of the team.

It was not my intention to insult the Cowboys. It was my intention to enjoy the spirit of a great sports rivalry, and I clearly went over the line and acted unprofessionally. The Cowboys have always been gracious hosts and I appreciate the relationship I have with the friends I have there.

Spudcam is a feature that has become very popular here, and the goal of Spudcam is to provide a unique perspective of the game-day experience. We here at PhiladelphiaEagles.com strive to do anything and everything to bring our fans as close as possible to the action, to enjoy the team they love on an every-day basis. I try to have fun with Spudcam and to put the camera in places that cameras normally don't go.

I took it to the extreme here, and admit that I have done so in other situations this year. Again, it is all done in the spirit of pre-game fun, to get excited about the game, to show the fans at Lincoln Financial Field and those on the road what happens behind the scenes on game days.

I admit I get carried away with my love of the Philadelphia Eagles, and if this is a crime, I am clearly guilty. Game days are an incredible experience for me. The will to win is unlike anything I have ever felt. The angst and the tightly-knotted stomach and the ups and downs of 60 minutes of Eagles football leave me thoroughly drained -- win or lose -- and I enjoy having the opportunity to communicate that to the many great Eagles fans who follow this team on a (many-times) daily basis.

I appreciate the support of the Eagles organization as we take this web site to new levels. I have made many mistakes in my excitement over the years communicating my love of the Eagles to you, and the franchise has always backed me. There are times when my enthusiasm has to be reined in by many within the Eagles, who have always made sure to let me know when I've exceeded the boundaries of professionalism.

Again, I apologize to those whom I have offended by my actions with Spudcam. I acted in an unprofessional manner and I am deserving of the punishment coming my way, and of the scorn of Dallas fans and those who did not appreciate my actions. I am responsible for my work and I will stand up to the criticism.
Dan Levy pointed this out on his podcast today, but while I don't necessarily have a problem with his apology, the way he portrays himself is simply pathetic. He is a PR guy and a webmaster for the team, nothing more nothing less, he has never played professionally for the Eagles, yet reading this and his remarks about how much he loves the team and how he is so anxious with every snap do-da do-da, you would think that he was the Eagles' star player. What a buffoon. And I thought that about him before this craptastic display of douchebaggery and classlessness.

I can assure you that Dave Spadaro does not represent my thoughts, point of view, or that of any rational Eagles fan. All of the Twitter accounts that I follow, and believe me, I follow some accounts of some hardcore fans and bloggers, all were disowning him and saying how much of a douche bag he was.

And yeah, that's about all that Dave Spadaro is: a douche bag Eagles shill that represents the team only through webmastering, spouting off Eagles talking points, and through paycheck only.

1 comment:

  1. If I was the eagles, Spadaro would by joininmg fred Edelstein in the big house.

    What a fucking douchenozzle. No wonder 6ABC is prohibited from doing sideline reporters because he's nothing more than a fucking schill.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.