Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Book Of AA

Sorry for the dearth of posts over the past couple days, but I'm knee deep in perhaps the biggest and hardest paper I have ever written and I'll probably be that way over the next week and a half.

Anyway, I was not going to do a post other than the live blog today, but when I went to Keith's Sports Journal, I stumbled upon something so awesome, that it just has to be on here. I'm not a huge NBA fan, so I probably won't read Bill Simmons new book, The Book of Basketball, but anytime one of my favorite bloggers is mentioned in a footnote in the book, you know it's going to get posted here. From Keith's Sports Journal.

So last night after the Sharks shootout win against the Kings, I decided to do some reading before I went to bed. I picked up Simmons book and continued to read about how the NBA go to this point. At this point of the book Simmons starts talking about how former NBA legends became broadcasters and how horrible they were.

Simmons was talking about Oscar Robertson in particular. At the end of the paragraph about Robertson's broadcasting career, there is a number to one of Simmons' footnotes. So I look down to read the footnote and it said this.......

57"It's really a shame that dude who runs "Awful Announcing" blog wasn't around back then."

This footnote appears on page 117, chapter 3 of Simmons book.

Yep, Brian and his blog Awful Announcing makes an appearance in Simmons new book. Have to love how Simmons called Brian that dude, like he's a character from The Big Lebowski.
Now that's just awesome!

The funny part is that I'm not even fully sure if AA is aware of it. He's yet to put a post up.

Too funny!

Well, seeing as my bus is leaving at 6:30 tomorrow morning, I will hit the shower now and I'll have all the stuff for the live blog after I'm all nice and clean.

I know.....I know....way TMI.

3 comments:

  1. I'm for the shout-out as long as Simmons doesn't go on to say "Bob Wischusen needs to do more games."

    Sorry for the dearth of posts over the past couple days

    Since I've seen Mookie make a similar statement on his blog as well, I need to do a quick mea culpa on why I haven't been around recently. I'm still trying to juggle a Robert Flores-like demotion from a cushy job to working most nights and weekends. I still read your sites; I can't contribute like I used to for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that RJBO. But as I always say, a little RJBO goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that as well RJBO. I hope everything turns out all right for you!

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.