Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Your 2009 LCS Schedule

All righty then! Switching gears back to baseball, the 2009 NLCS and ALCS schedules have been officially released by MLB.com, and if there is one word to describe it, it would be bizarre. Call me Mr. Bad Memory, but never do I recall so many day games for the LCS. Sure there was always 1 or 2, but this just feels not right. And also, I cannot figure out for the life of me, why on earth MLB thinks it is a good idea to put a game in Los Angeles during the day on the same day that a late game is being played in Philadelphia or New York. This happens multiple times here and I it just boggles my mind that a). why on earth does Bud Selig think it is a good idea to start an LCS game at 1:00 local time and b). weren's we down this road before with the colder city having the latest time slot? Yeah, Bud, how exactly did that turn out this weekend? You had a snowout and either the coldest or tied for the coldest game in post-season history, depending on who you ask. Well I guess I should stop bantering mindlessly about the schedule and actually show you guys the schedule. That's a good idea, don't you think? (all times eastern)

NLCS: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (TBS - Chip Caray, Ron Darling, and Buck Martinez, SR: Craig Sager)

Game 1: Phillies 8-6
Game 2: Dodgers 2-1
Game 3: Phillies 11-0
Game 4: Phillies 5-4
Game 5: Phillies 10-4
Philadelphia wins the series 4-1.

ALCS: Los Angeles Angels vs. New York Yankees (Fox - Joe Buck and Tim McCarver, SR: Ken Rosenthal and Chris Myers)

Game 1: Yankees 4-1
Game 2: Yankees 4-3 F/13
Game 3: Angels 5-4 F/11
Game 4: Yankees 10-1
Game 5: Angels 7-6
Game 6: Yankees 5-2
New York wins the series 4-2.

Like I said, it's mysitfying how MLB can schedule all these day games, but alas, that is what is going down this year. I'll be updating this thread with scores and starting pitchers as they become announced.

3 comments:

  1. I think both these series go 7. I'll take the Angels & Phillies. Should be some exciting, intense baseball.

    Also maybe TBS can drop both the tax cheat and the nepotism hire and use Orsillo and my boy Buck Martinez for this NLCS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If NLCS ends before 10/22, Game 6 would start at 7:55 PM according to MLB.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.