Thursday, March 5, 2009

T.O.'s Been Released!

Well then, good morning all! Imagine my surprise waking up this morning and learning that Terrell Owens has been released from yet another contract, this time it's the Cowboys who have had hit up to here with the flamboyant, arrogant wide receiver. From ESPN.com

The Dallas Cowboys have released controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith late Wednesday.

In late February, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not deny the team was discussing the possible release of Owens. Owens' future was brought up again in meetings at Valley Ranch on Wednesday, but Jones had not made a final decision when most people left the building, a source told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley.

"There are several decisions on our roster we have to look at," Jones said in February. "This is the time of year we do that. I'm not trying to be trite, but as you all know we're evaluating players in college, we're evaluating free agents and we're evaluating our own roster. This is an ongoing thing, not any different than this time last year."

The team did not immediately have a comment. A spokesman for Owens said he hadn't heard the news, and that the receiver was traveling and could not immediately be reached, the Associated Press reported.
As unsurprising as a team releasing T.O. is, I must say: WOW! Now the question becomes, what team will actually pick him up? With his reputation, it is doubtful he'll sign with any playoff contender, so, if we're lucky, we might see T.O. sign with Detroit! How fun would that be to watch? And by fun, I mean downright hilarious. No offense to Detroit, but seeing T.O. on a once 0-16 team would be funny.

FYI, I am hoping that I will be able to live blog the Villanova game against Providence tonight at 7. My internet was a bit tempermental at first this morning, but I (obviously cause I'm posting this) did get it, so I am hoping that I can boot it up again tonight (I won't be around much of the day, today). So unless I can't get it up again, I will see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.