Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ACC Tournament Going To The Georgia Dome

As I am watching the end of Duke and Maryland, Mike Patrick brought up a very scary thought. The ACC is holding their conference tournament in the Georgia Dome. This is most likely old news to most of you, but either I just heard it now or it just registered with me (I'm too tired to remember if I heard it before). So, what's so big a deal about the ACC Tournament going to the Georgia Dome? Well remember last year, when the SEC Tournament was in the Georgia Dome?

This shot saved a bunch of lives....



....for it was during the subsequent overtime period that an F2 tornado touched ground right by the Georgia Dome. There is little doubt in the minds of many meteorologists that people could have perrished had they been out in the parking lot at that time, instead of watching overtime inside the Dome. And just as a reminder, here is the scene inside the Georgia Dome has said tornado touched ground.



I post this for the irony of the situation that they are going back to the Georgia Dome after what happened last year, not for any comedy regarding the actual situation last year in Atlanta. What happened that day last year was truly a miracle and one of the most amazing things that I have ever seen in my life. If that shot in the first video does not go in, oof, I can't even imagine what could have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.