Friday, February 27, 2009

Please Excuse Me While I Go To Philly And Burn Down The Linc

Okay, I am officially nauseous. This is seriously one of the worst days in recent Eagles memory. Seriously. I was working on the updates when I stumbled upon a very disheartening link to the Sporting News. Please be false. Please be false. Please be false. SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THAT THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES DID NOT JUST LET BRIAN DAWKINS GO TO THE DENVER BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 13 years with the Eagles, safety Brian Dawkins will have a new home.

David White of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Dawkins has agreed to terms with the Broncos.

Dawkins, 35, had said during the season that he thought he'd work out a deal to end his career in Philly. It could still happen, but only after a stint with the Broncos.


Words can't describe how I feel right now. Okay, they can, but there are so many that it's impossible to contain them. There are times when I make fun of the Eagles and mock yell at the Eagles for not making certain moves in free agency (see below post). But this....this is taking it to a whole new level, one that I was not prepared to be taken to when I woke up this morning. I was prepared for the typical Andy Reid not getting the big-name wide receiver, but this....all I can say is that I'm more disappointed, upset, angry, and disheartened now then I was when the Eagles lost to the Cards in the NFC Title game. This is the first time something sports related as ever brought tears to my eyes...

We'll miss you Brian Dawkins, and don't worry, you'll come home soon enough. I just know you will.



"You belong with me, now swallowed in the sea". Truer words were never spoken.

4 comments:

  1. I am hoping you are not a Coldplay fan. If you are, I just lost a little bit or respect for you.

    Also Dawkins couldn't stay in Philly forever. The 49ers let Montana, Craig, Rice, and Lott end their careers with other teams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song and Viva la Vida are the only songs from them that I like. Everything else Coldplay is pretty much garbage. This song, Swallowed in the Sea, was put on our high school senior DVD, so I've developed a connection to it. I really can't explain Viva la Vida though, other than I just like it.

    I was hoping that Dawkins would retire as an Eagle, even if it was this year. The Eagles needed him from an emotional standpoint, a physical standpoint, and a personnel standpoint, because now we're down to one safety, Quintin Mikell, who is capable of starting. While Quintin Demps and Byron Parker are available safeties, they do not have any starting experience, with the exception of Demps as the starting kick returner. The Eagles other first round draft pick is probably going to be for a safety instead of an offensive linemen now Besides, he was always one of my favorite Eagles. I hope he does well in Denver and I am looking forward to their meeting this year at the Linc. And am I starting to get over it, I guess I was more in shock than anything that the Eagles would let him go so fast and that he would not hesitate to sign with the Broncos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a money issue and the Eagles can find another safety. Look at it this way, they are freeing up space to sign T.J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ 49er16: The Eagles already had cap space before this. Now they could probably give Housh (or any receiver, for that matter) Albert Haynesworth's contract, and still have room to make another big move.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.