Saturday, February 28, 2009

You're One Year Too Late On This One, Andy, Joe, and Jeffrey

Well it's about damn time the Eagles did something we expected them to do. Not too many people projected Stacy Andrews to be an Eagle. Eagle fans were completely blindsided by the leave of Brian Dawkins. However, this move, this trade we expected. Sad part is, we expected this to happen this time last year and had it been done last year, it could have been a blockbuster.

In case you have not figured it out, the Eagles have finally traded Lito Sheppard. He is now a New York Jet. In exchange, the Eagles get.......(drumroll please).......(are you ready to hear our loot?)...........(are you sure?).......(get ready to be blown a way)..........the Eagles have gotten..........A 5TH ROUND PICK IN THE DRAFT! But wait, it gets even better, this deal also comes with a conditional pick for the 2010 draft! Incredible! What a deal! Via Adam Schefter's blog on NFL.com

New York and Philadelphia are completing a trade that will send cornerback Lito Sheppard to the Jets while the Eagles will receive a 2009 fifth-round pick and a 2010 conditional draft pick.

The pick could be as high as a second-round choice in 2010 and as a low as a fourth. But the Eagles will get two picks and the Jets get Sheppard, who will be in New York Saturday for a physical.
OOH! That conditional draft pick could be as high as a second rounder! Brian Dawkins be damned, this is the greatest day in Eagles history!

Sorry for that, but my sadness over the loss of Dawkins has turned into an unrelenting, bitter sarcasm. In all seriousness, this is all the Eagles were going to get for Sheppard at this stage. He was relegated to being our 4th cornerback, behind Joselio Hanson who got a contract extention a few days ago. As I said above, the Eagles were trying to wave him in front of Arizona last year to get Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald in a trade, now they've happily settled with a 5th rounder this year and a 2010 conditional pick.

And unlike Dawkins, for me, this is a good riddance, and not a sad farewell. I have made no secret that Lito Sheppard is was my least favorite Eagle. Have fun being torched twice per season by Tom Brady!

Why I Don't Like Lito Sheppard Reason #21 (Fire Andy Reid Now!)

3 comments:

  1. What no live-blog of the Georgetown-Nova game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sorry, it is almost impossible to do while I'
    m at home. My TV is still in my room at college which means it's not in my room with my laptop and my battery is horrible. I guess I could have done it with it on my lap, though and plugged it in in another room.

    Besides, I hardly gave much thought to the live blog because I thought Nova would blow them out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I'll make this week up by having a huge live blog bonanza during the conference championship week, and not just the Villanova games either.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.