Thursday, February 5, 2009

Projecting the NCAA 2009 Field Part 1

Every week or so, one of the columnists at CBSSportsline posts what they think will be the bracket come the time for March Madness. And I know we still have over a month ago and there's a whole heck of a lot to be determined, but whenever I see one of the March Madness brackets, whether it be the real thing or a projection, I could stare at it for 30 minutes or so and just take it in. So thanks to my recent learning of how to take a screenshot (yesterday, to be precise), I have down below the screen shot of this week's projection for the 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball tournament. Click on the image to see a larger version that is easily legible.



I'm kind of surprised that Penn State is not on there. Yes, I know that in their signature wins, Michigan State and Purdue, both of those teams had some key players missing, and they had a weak non-conference schedule, but come on, when you've been as consistently bad as Penn State has been over the past several years and you are all of a sudden out of nowhere doing half-decent, they should be projected in the tourney just as a congratulatory "way to turn things around!" Okay, maybe not, but still, it would be cool if they did do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.