Saturday, February 21, 2009

Maryland Upsets UNC!

If there are two teams that I can't stand in college basketball, it's Duke and North Carolina. Both are teams and both teams fans' are spoiled, sanctimonious, and obnoxious. Which is why I take great pleasure whenever one of them lose (except when they play each other, I laugh that one lost, but I can't take satisfaction in one of them winning). Since UNC trounced Duke in their first meeting of the season, all anyone has been talking about is how UNC will be a #1 seed and will win the rest of the games on their schedule. I'm pretty sure that one point or another, every person at ESPN jerked off at this thought. Well, not so fast, guys. UNC may still be a really good team, but they had quite the humbling experience, losing in overtime to Maryland, a team that is still questionable to make March Madness, even with a win today. Courtesy of a video that I found on YouTube, here are the final seconds of the game and the classic rushing of the court in College Park.



Congrats to Maryland, however, I must warn you, you are now Mike Patrick's least favorite division I team.

Aspeaking of Mike Patrick, was I the only one who thought that he was worse than normal, calling the Marquette-Georgetown game earlier today? For an already bad announcer who lives and breaths ACC basketball, calling a Big East game was just a recipe for an announcing catastrophe that we ended up getting at the Verizon Center today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.