Saturday, February 28, 2009

Brian Dawkins Update

It appears that rumors are conflicting abound as to what is going on with Brian Dawkins. The Dawkins agreement was an agreement in principle only yesterday. Supposedly nothing has been signed, yet, nor has anything been confirmed yet by the NFL, NFL Network, and ESPN. I had read a report there was supposed to a press conference at 10:00 AM this morning (I would assume MT. time, but regardless, it's now past 10 AM everywhere in the country except Alaska and Hawaii), but I have not seen any confirmation that anything has happened. On that note, Consider this your Brian Dawkins live blog of the day. I'll update you as soon as I get word.

Now if you'll excuse me for a bit, I'm going to finish watching Villanova choke to Georgetown and the subsequent declaration by ESPN's analysts that they still have a chance.

2:12 PM: Villanova showed up to the Wachovia Center in the physical sense only. Their heads were not in the game at all as Georgetown beat them 56-54.

2:37 PM: It's official. Dawkins to the Broncos. 5-years, $17 million. It's a shame that the Eagles were only willing to offer him a 1-year deal, as reported by the NFL-Network.

2:47 PM: The news du jour: The Patriots have traded Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs for a 2nd round draft pick. Good deal for the Chiefs; time will tell how good the deal is for New England (i.e. How will Tom Brady play when he comes back?)

8 comments:

  1. @JFein, I will be doing a live blog of the Cal-UCLA game later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt Cassel has also been traded to Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll probably be around for some of the game. I'll either switch rooms to comment or follow the game on my computer.

    I don't pick up ESPN360 here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ 49er16: I guess I could always test out my 1 hour and a half battery and charge it at halftime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ 49er16: I guess I could always test out my 1 hour and a half battery and charge it at halftime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will the eagles sign T.J. Whosyourdaddy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ JamesCraven: Not likely. This is all rumored, but the Eagles' Front Office are pissed at Housh's agent Kennard McGuire. McGuire told the Eagles that Housh would be willing to take less money from the Eagles but the Eagles found out that McGuire was in fact seeking more money from the Eagles.

    In essence, according to the rumor, the Eagles have given Houshamazilly the proverbial F.U.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.