Wednesday, November 25, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: Allen Iverson Retires

Stephen A. Smith just reported on 97.5 The Fanatic with Mike Missanelli that Allen Iverson is going to retire from the game of basketball. I'll have more as details become available.

While I await for some quotes and what not to post, I guess I'll offer my 2 cents.

Darn I was hoping the Sixers would bring him back! A 1-year contract with AI would have been awesome and would have gotten people in Philly interested in the NBA again. But alas, this is AI's decision and I wish the best little man to ever play the game of basketball all the best in the future.

He may not have too many fans in Detroit, Denver, and Memphis, but Philly fans will always remember and always love AI. Here's hoping that one day not too far away he will at the very least he will sign a 1-day contract with the team and the city that loved him so he can officially retire a Sixer.

Did he get the NBA title he so badly wanted? No. Will he end up in the basketball Hall of Fame one day? You betcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.