Monday, November 23, 2009

Your Week 12 NFL Schedule

Week 12 is upon us and we still don't know much about the NFC playoffs other than the fact that the Saints and Vikings will be getting 1st round byes in the NFC barring a titanic collapse. And really, Pittsburgh? Now Charlie Batch is hurt and you are thinking of starting Dennis Dixon? Do yourselves a favor and sign Jeff Garcia. That being said, onto your Week 12 NFL Schedule (all times eastern) (Note: I'll be home with NFL Sunday Ticket and the RedZone Channel, returning to Bloom sometime during the late games or FNIA, so aside from a few sporadic comments during commercial or halftime, I won't be around for the live blog as I'll be with my family and I don't like computer distractions when watching it with them; I'll just run to it during commercials)

Thanksgiving Day Football
Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions 12:30 (Fox - Joe Buck and Troy Aikman)
Oakland Raiders @ Dallas Cowboys 4:15 (CBS - Jim Nantz and Phil Simms)

Thursday Night Football
New York Giants @ Denver Broncos 8:20 (NFL-Network - Bob Papa and Matt Millen)

Map of who gets what CBS game

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans 1:00 (CBS - Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf)
Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills 1:00 (CBS - Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker)
Cleveland Browns @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 (CBS - Ian Eagle and Rich Gannon)

Kansas City Chiefs @ San Diego Chargers 4:05 (CBS - Dick Enberg and Dan Fouts)
Jacksonville Jaguars @ San Francisco 49ers 4:05 (CBS - Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots)

Map of who gets what Fox early game

Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 (Fox - Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, and Tony Siragusa)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00 (Fox - Dick Stockton and Charles Davis)
Carolina Panthers @ New York Jets 1:00 (Fox - Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick)
Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams 1:00 (Fox - Ron Pitts and John Lynch)

Map of who gets what Fox late game

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings 4:15 (Fox - Joe Buck and Troy Aikman)
Arizona Cardinals @ Tennesee Titans 4:15 (Fox - Sam Rosen and Tim Ryan)

Sunday Night Football
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens 8:20 (NBC - Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth)

Monday Night Football
New England Patriots @ New Orleans Saints 8:30 (ESPN - Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski, and Jon Gruden)

Just for shiggles, if I were to be at Bloom this week, the games that I would get would be Cincy-Cleveland and KC-SD on CBS (yes, it's another week with my 2 CBS affiliates showing different games) and my Fox games would be the obvious Eagles-Skins and Vikings-Bears.

Oh, and can I just say that I feel horrible for you, America. The Eagles-Deadskins game is the main early game for all of America. As if once in Monday Night Football was not enough, now a lot of the country, especially those with only later CBS games, will be forced to watch that garbage of a game. My dearest sympathies to you.

14 comments:

  1. At least the Thanksgiving games are exciting.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complete thrillers!

    Although I would not be totally shocked if the Raiders play the Cowboys close. I said close game, not an exciting one. As in, game similar to the Deadskins-Cowboys game on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to thank Fox and CBS for giving me the option of choosing Eagles/Deadskins or Brownies/Bungles @ 1:00. Maybe I should hope ESPN is showing women's basketball?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to make things worse in Philly, the Eagles will don their black jerseys for a blackout game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ JC: What????? I thought the Eagles forever ditched those things a year or 2 ago? They are bringing them back now?

    @ kt: My heart bleeds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite bitching Kris.

    I get the Deadsins/Eagles game in the mourning. Then the Niners/Jags and Vikings/Bears for the late games.

    That's a crapfest of games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keith

    at least you get a choice at 4:00 ;)

    also, i've wasted 6 hours of my life watching the Brownies score 3 points in 120 mins...i'm not giving them another 3 hours...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you've chosen Deadskins-Eagles for the week? Congratulations! You'll enjoy an incredibly boring football game featuring one team that's totally inept and another that's maddeningly inconsistent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @JFein

    yes, but i will have oh so much fun mocking the hilariously inept team and their fans, to the point that I think I'll need to run the other way if I ever encounter a guy in Redskins gear answering to "Al"

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a shame that that game is in Philly.

    Due to traffic on Sunday afternoon, I might be going to a sports bar in Bloomsburg with my dad to watch it, so I won't be able to comment at all. So disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to look at the bright side.

    At 1:00, I can actually spend time w/ family no matter what stupid Lifetime Network movie is showing.

    I won't have people bitching I never spend time w/ them after Thanksgiving. That'll be more fun another Deadskins Debacle.

    At 4:00, I can't lose on CBS. It's Jags/Niners as of right now. Jags can't blow anybody out so Keith's Niners will hang around.

    If there's a late switch to the Chargers game, I listen to my favorite CBS crew, Enberg and Fouts.

    I wouldn't turn over to Fox if my life depended upon it.

    All of us WILL get to watch the Saints/Pats game Monday though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They brought back those black abominations last year on Thanksgiving night for the Arizona crapfest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow......I saw that game and I really don't remember that. And they are doing it again?

    I don't think they are awful (especially comparatively speaking when you look at the Team Sweden unis) then again maybe I'm biased because I have a Dawkins jersey of that color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/content/Image/01-13-2009/Fox-Eagles-Cardinals.jpg

    You're right. And that is something that I would remember as well seeing as it seems like those are unlucky in terms of players getting injured and what not and the Eagles losing. I guess last year's abnormal occurrence of a win sans severe injury made me forget that they even wore them.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.