Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This Has Not Been An Easy 44 Hours For Me

Ever since our heroes last were on a baseball field 44-hours ago, triumphant 8-6 over the New York Yankees, my stomach has been in knots in anticipation for this game and this moment. It may not be 1999 anymore, but Pedro Martinez and Andy Pettitte are about to take the mound in Game 6 of the World Series. Just think about that. How great will this night be, even if the Phillies don't win. We are about to witness what might be one of the biggest World Series games of all time.

You don't think this is a big deal? Everyone in this whole area is up in arms over this series. You either support the Phillies or you support the Yankees, and everyone I've encountered in the past week has an opinion. The campus of Bloomsburg is literally split 50-50. 50% are Phillies fans. 50% are Yankees fans. I have seen as many A-Rod shirts as I have Utley and Howard shirts. Regardless of what happens, tonight, and I want this on record before hand as I'm not sure if I may be too nauseous to say this, but this has been a hell of a fun World Series and hell, I might by the complete DVD of this like I did with the Phillies-Rays series if the Yankees win.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the game. Game 6 of the World Series does not come around everyday.

Hold on a second, before I get some dinner and start the live blog, I need to feed Pedro his bottle.....

Despite the overbearing arrogance of it, unlike the Victorino in a cheerleader skirt cover at the start of the series, this cover is actually funny and it did get a chuckle out of them and not one of "HA, you guys are dreaming."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.