Thursday, November 5, 2009

This MLB Post-Season Has Officially Come Full Circle

Think back long and hard as to how this post-season began. Need a refresher?

"Line drive basehit caught out there!!! [...] Double play!!"

It's come full circle folks. Last night was truly a historic moment for the Yankees, but it was also a historic in broadcasting. No longer is Chip Caray the worst announcer of the post-season (I did not hear much of Stockton so I can't assess that although surely he was not as bad as ol Chip was). Chris Rose stole that honor away from him. Here are some hilarious random people's tweets about him from last night.

"Chris Rose is such a tool. : It makes me laugh when this guy tries to dress up a question, and the player blows.. "
"Chris Rose is a douchebag! Can't believe he's from Cleveland!"
"Chris Rose is still only the second-worst Rose in broadcasting. Jalen has retired the trophy"
"chris rose is awful"
"Chris Rose is a total ass whip "
"Chris Rose is talking to these grown men like they are 3 yr olds."

Jeets FTW!

"Chris Rose is fast becoming one of the better sports commentators on television"

Whoa! How did that get in there? I never knew Nathan Brice had a Twitter account....Anyways, back to the awful...

"Chris Rose is gunning for razzie as worst championship post-game celebration presenter. #Yankees #mlb"
"chris rose is one of the worst post game and pre game analysts!!!"
"the most frequently used phrase in all of sports: chris rose is a fuckin d-bag"

What exacty was so bad about Rose? While I was not paying a whole lot of attention to the trophy presentation and as I was summing up my thoughts about the Phils, the season, and the series on the live blog, lucky for me, Awful Announcing was paying attention.

He's really a terrible announcer, but he hasn't really had the time or training to even be considered one. He has however been a host/interviewer before, and based on last night's postgame performance, I think we can officially say he isn't very good at that either.

Chris not only decided to address Derek Jeter as "Jeets", but he continually tried to go with a GPS joke about the parade route, thus confusing the players to no end

(edit from JFein: AA goes on to mention Twitter and all of the tweets before continuing summing up Rose)

I love how it took a World Series win for people to realize how annoying Chris Rose can be. My personal favorite moment from the postgame was that Mariano Rivera had to bring up the retirement question by himself, and then answer it. Just terrible.

With that said, FOX's attempt at the Series wasn't all that bad this year. I still think that Tim McCarver doesn't know what he's talking about, but he does have his brief moments of genius. And Joe Buck was surprisingly tolerable for once.
I wonder if Nathan Brice saw last night's clusterfuck. He has not yet commented at AA. I'm disappointed.

I do think AA is right about Buck and McCarver. I know I'm beginning to sound like a Dan Levy echo chamber here, but throughout the series he has pointed out how both Phils fans and Yankees fans have thought that Buck was rooting for the other team so maybe there is something to it with Buck being good. Last year, Rays fans were more happy to be here and I'm not sure if they were too concerned with criticizing the announcers. Or if they were even paying attention. Or if even McCarver's Captain Obvious analysis was way over their head, which frankly, may be a possibility.

Personally, I've always had a tolerance for Joe Buck. Maybe it's because I've heard so many of his broadcasts that I'm used to him, but in a way, I sort of have his sense of humor (pity me), he rarely makes mistakes in the booth, and while he is never going to go GuJo on you, I can hear his excitement and get into his calls and what not.

Anyway, back to the original point of the post, Chris Rose sucks!

For more tweets....

People don't seem to like this Chris Rose guy (Awful Announcing)
Chip Caray surrenders his crown to Chris Rose as the most loathed broadcaster in baseball (Deadspin)

5 comments:

  1. Man, you are just ripping into everyone today. It's good...let the aggression out. ;-)

    OT, but this is the Halloween costume of the year:

    http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/web03/2009/11/4/10/tim-tebow-halloween-costume-17119-1257346924-8.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-W-E-S-O-M-E COSTUME!!! CHEYEAH!!

    I'm actually not in that bad of a mood today (other than the fact that I forgot about my math online math HW that was due at 4 cause I was typing these posts; have I ever mentioned to you how much I hate math on the computer?), it's just that a lot of people are being idiots today.

    The Keith Olbermann thing was really yesterday, but I did not have the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Math on the computer just seems kind of pointless. I mean, how do you show your work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't. If you so much as mistype a digit, the whole problem is wrong and you lose the number of points that that problem was worth. Any scratch work that must be done must be done on a piece of scrap paper and that becomes a pain. I do not like it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.