Saturday, May 9, 2009

CBS Golf Commentator David Feherty Does Not Like Democrats

And that's about the lightest way that this can be put. I don't watch golf so I do not know how good of a color commentator David Feherty is, but methinks he really should stay out of political commentary. And not only is he Keith Olbermann's Worst Person In The World for May 8, but he may also no longer have a job as a golf color commentator. Here's Keith Olbermann with more.

Actually scratch that remark about staying out of political commentary, Fox News would love to have him! In all seriousness though, at the bare minimum, Feherty should be suspended for what he said if not fired or resignation as Olbermann alluded should happen. Regardless of whether you are a liberal, conservative, Democrat, or Reupblican, to suggest that something like that would happen is just downright wrong.

(Thanks to JC for the tip!)

Update: It took awhile, but I finally found the D Magazine article where Feherty says this (once I give you the link, you'll see why it took awhile to find this). This is the paragraph in its entirety.

From my own experience visiting the troops in the Middle East, I can tell you this, though: despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Osama bin Laden, there’s a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death. I’ve never met a soldier who didn’t love this president and this country, and I’ve met a bunch of them, at home and abroad, in hospitals and in theater. At Walter Reed, Bethesda Naval Medical Center, and the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, I have visited dozens of patients, and I always ask of them before I leave: “What do you want to do when you get out?” No matter how broken or burned, or how many limbs they are missing, they give only one answer: “I want to go back. I want to rejoin my team, to finish our mission.” They are rightfully proud of what they have done and want nothing more than to be with their brothers and sisters in arms, because they know the consequences if their job is left unfinished. Right here on American soil, we will end up with unqualified people having to do the job they have been doing over there so incredibly well, and with such extraordinary compassion. The fact is, Americans in America have been safe since 9/11, almost the whole length of [George W. Bush]’s term as president, and for that we should be thankful.
The more I read it, the more I think that his worst punishment will be a suspension. Outside of the liberal media, this story has gained little ground and I am yet to see it reported on a big sports media site. The more I read it, the more it seems like he just misstated a political point and there was no ill-will intended.

An F-List Celeb Imagines What Preston Hollow Life Will Be Like For W (Scroll down to the 3rd article on this site for the Feherty column). (D Magazine)

1 comment:

  1. I love David Feherty on golf. He was wrong for what he said, but he shouldn't be fired.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.